Chapter 12 Big deal

Pepper's heals clicked against the hard floors as she hurried in from the office. "Tony?! Tony!"

"What's up Pep?" Tony asked innocently.

"What's up I'll tell what's up our youngest guest wound up all over the papers!"

Tony dropped the tools he'd been using and grabbed the paper Pepper had been waving around. "Well that sucks." he said nonchalantly.

"Really Tawny's face plastered all over the papers and all you can come up with is 'that sucks'?" Pepper fumed.

"Well it's a bit late to do anything else she'll be ok." He'd make sure of that.

"Tony you don't get it a runaway was seen having ice cream with Tony Stark it wouldn't be a stretch for some one to claim you kidnapped her!"

"Pepper I really think you're being a bit dramatic." Tony defended as he returned to working on his iron man suit.

"No, no I'm not." Pepper began before something clattered by the door making them both turn around.

Tawny stood in the doorway head hung low. "I-I'm s-sorry I-if I caused you t-trouble t-Tony." She whispered guiltily.

Tony gave Pepper a 'see what you did?' Look and walked over to the girl. "Eh you haven't caused me trouble. Besides im Tony Stark I get in trouble all the time, they'll never get me." He joked making what he thought to be a fierce expression.

Tawny giggled and hugged his neck.

"Why don't you run along and see if Bruce is back while I deal with this little picture ok?" He gently nudged her towards the door.

"Ok I'll b-be back l-later ok?"

"I'll look forward to it."

"So are you really going to deal with this?" Pepper questioned once they were sure Tawny wouldn't hear.

"Nope." Tony said going back to his project.

"Tony..."

"Well what do you want me to do Pep? Go have a press conference where I say. 'Yes I have an approximately 11 year old kid living with me who's full name I'm unaware of. She's a runaway and I have zero intention of ever sending her back wherever she ran from. And no I have not tried whatsoever to figure out where that might have been.' " Tony looked at her expectantly.

"Well no you couldn't say that." Pepper agreed deflating as she realized how right Tony was.

"No and those are the questions they'd ask the questions I have no answers to." Tony shrugged, "so until I do we ignore the press they saw me get ice cream with a little girl it's not a big deal."

"But now they'll be looking for her how's she going to react if she gets surrounded by reporters some time when we're not there to take care of her?"

"When's that gonna happen? She never leaves the tower without us." Tony reasoned.

_______________________

"Bruuuuuuce?" Tawny called in a singsong voice.

"Hey buddy!" Bruce called happily from his desk.

Tawny raced over to him throwing her arms around his neck happily.

"I take it I was missed?" Bruce chuckled ruffling her hair.

"Definitely m-missed." Tawny agreed grinning. "W-where'd you go?"

"Can't tell top secret." bruce said whispering dramatically.

"Oh come on? P-please?" Tawny begged playfully.

Bruce laughed, "it was just some boring shield stuff. All done now Whatcha wanna do?"

"Can, can we t-take a walk?" She asked bouncing on her feet as she tugged on his arm.

"Sure." Bruce agreed allowing himself to be pulled from the lab. "Jarvis let Tony know where we've gone if he asks."

"Of course sir."

The duo walked happily through the park. Tawny leaned her head against Bruce's side. "Bruce?"

"Hmm?"

"C-could could me being here cause p-problems for Tony?" She questioned worriedly.

"Where'd you get an idea like that?" Bruce asked shocked.

"I heard Pepper t-tell Tony t-that my picture in the p-paper could m-make people think he'd k-kidnapped me..."

"You and Tony both like eavesdropping I see." Bruce said shaking his head, "well kiddo I guess yeah someone could claim he'd kidnapped you." Tawny gasped worriedly. "But I don't believe it would stick. Naturally you'd tell them you ran away, that would make a big difference, plus the fact that he's your biological father. I'd think everything would work out fine. Although, it would be easier and better if you told Tony he's your dad he could go about getting custody and there'd be no problem at all."

"B-but they might s-s-send me b-back while he tried to get c-custody." She said fearfully. "i c-can't go b-back Bruce he'll k-kill me!" She buried her face in Bruce's side crying.

Bruce knelt down to comfort the now crying girl. "Hey hey it's ok. There is no way we'd ever let that monster get you again."

"Promise?" Tawny sobbed clinging to him.

"I promise kiddo."

_______________________

That's it for this chapter see you again soon. Also still love feedback comment comment comment peoples it makes my day 😄