34

"Aww! He looks so cute," Daniella immediately pulled out her phone to take a photo of her teammate's dog. After another long day at the sim she found Roscoe comfortably sleeping on her coat, leaning against her backpack.

Lewis laughed as he joined her.

"He has been there for about an hour," he informed his teammate. "Sorry about your coat by the way."

"Anything for him," Daniella smiled as she gently patted the dog. Roscoe lazily opened his eyes and lifted his head slightly. "Can I keep him?" she pleaded as Roscoe moved closer to Daniella.

"Absolutely not," Lewis immediately replied. "He is mine," Lewis patted Roscoe but the dog only moved closer to Daniella.

"But I think he likes me more," Daniella gave him a challenging smile.

Lewis playfully rolled his eyes as he took Roscoe in his arms, making Daniella slightly pout.

"Aren't you supposed to be going home?" Lewis pointed out, feeling slight jealousy.

"Ah yes," Daniella stood up. "Thanks for reminding me." She collected her coat and backpack.

"And when are you flying to Australia?" Lewis asked as he put Roscoe down on the floor.

"Tomorrow around midnight," Daniella replied, already dreading the long flight. The jet lag is going to be an annoyance and struggle after. "What about you?"

"I am going to Switzerland for an event tomorrow, after that, I will go to Dubai..."

"After that, you will go to ten different countries before heading to Australia for the race," Daniella sarcastically finished his sentences, making him laugh. "Honestly Lewis, how do find so much time? Don't you get tired?"

"Nope," Lewis proudly smiled.

Daniella playfully rolled her eyes as she put on her backpack and pulled out her car keys.

"Okay, I will see you in a couple of days," she smiled and hugged her teammate goodbye. "Goodbye my dear," she kneeled down and patted Roscoe.

After that Daniella waved one last time before heading out of the factory. Lewis watched for a few seconds before making his way in the opposite direction.

"Come on Roscoe," Lewis whistled to his dog, asking him to follow.

After taking a few steps Lewis looked down to his side and realize Roscoe was not following him.

"Roscoe?" He looked around, feeling confused but soon found him.

His dog was happily going after Daniella.

"No no no," Lewis ran after Roscoe before Daniella could notice and picked him up. "You are following the wrong driver."

***

Daniella frowned in confusion as she opened the front door of her family home and was heard screaming. She cautiously closed the door behind her and took a few steps towards the living room, finding her father and younger sister yelling at each other.

"Guys?" Daniella called out, hoping to get their attention. "Hey, guys?"

The oldest and the youngest of the family still continued to yell at each other.

"Hey! Stop it both of you," Daniella yelled, finally getting their attention.

Her father and sister were shocked at first, then confused, then realization hit them that she is home.

"Dani," David, her father smiled and immediately walked over and pulled her into a hug.

"You are crushing me there dad," Daniella said as she tried to breathe.