Overwhelmed

"Here's all of the ice cream, crazy asses!" Y/n cheered as her and Shia walked into the room with their hands full.
They all laughed at her comment and they all grabbed their ice cream. They were so eager to eat and talk about today.

"Y/n and Shia, congratulations!" Felix exclaimed.
"Yes! You guys did amazing!" Changbin said.
"Than you guys! But, you didn't watch it, did you?" Y/n asked.
"Well, funny story... we hid in the closet." Chan exposed.
"Wait, really?" Y/n asked.
"Yeah... all seven of us." Minho said.
Shia and Y/n looked at each other and began to laugh.
"You guys are such rule breakers, I reckon?" Shia chuckled.
"Just a little bit..." Chan chuckled back.
"But, we get away with it... at least sometimes." Felix said.
"Oh my goodness." Shia said.
"I wasn't crazy then! I heard a loud noise near the closet. You guys are so weird." Y/n chuckled.
"So, how did the both of you feel while you were in front of JYP?" Chan asked.
"How did you feel, Shia?" Y/n asked.
"I was so nervous and at some points I felt my nervousness catch me off guard. Luckily, it didn't ruin my chance. It's something I know I need to work on though."
"Yeah, exactly! At least you are self aware and you'll grow out of it!" Jeongin encouraged.
"Yeah! How did you feel, Y/n?" Shia asked.
"Well, I was crying on the phone with my parents outside of the door but, when I walked in my only focus was to start and finish where I was supposed to be. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as shocking as that sounds cause this is a big deal. I'm lucky to have enough focus when actually performing cause if it wasn't controlled, I would probably have failed." Y/n explained.
"I'm really glad you guys are self aware and are able ti control those parts of yourself. It's not easy to overcome." Minho said.
"Yeah, but look where we are now! We all passed and  are living out our hopes and dreams." Shia said.
"Exactly!" Hyunjin agreed cheerfully.
"Yeah Y/n, you truly are amazing." Chan smiled at Y/n.
She noticed his natural kind, sweet eyes he was giving her once again. It reminded her of what Minho said to her during that awkward conversation that they had.

Don't even remind me... I can't believe I actually thought Minho and I could have a chance. How embarrassing. But Chan seems to actually believe WE have a chance. I don't know... this is all weird. I don't know how to feel at all. Damn, I really haven't been in this situation in so long.

"Thanks, Chan. I appreciate it." Y/n left it at that.
"So, what even happened with Cheonsa?" Shia asked.
"Oh, let me show you." Chan said while moving next to Y/n.
Y/n was a little caught off guard. She thought, Why can't he just stay where he was? He was literally across from us. Why does he always have to be next to me?

He pulled out his phone and showed them text messages and read them out loud.
"I blocked her straight after this but I screenshotted everything before I did so. Here's what it says, Cheonsa: How could you do this? We already have plenty of staff to go around. I'm doing everyone a favor. You should be on my side, not that little girl of yours.
Me: Everyone knows you and your friends' lies. You are just upset because you are exposed now and didn't get away with it. Also, that little girl means everything to me. She's my childhood best friend and I would chose her side any day of the week... not yours. I'm sorry. I hope you learn from this and are able to even find another job after what's been released.
I then sent her the link about the issue that JYP Entertainment stated on their website."

Y/n felt kind of uncomfortable and sick to her stomach. All she can think about is that he said, "That little girl means everything to me." For some reason, this situation is eating at her.

"She definitely got what she deserved. Now everyone knows her and her friends are monsters." Shia said.
"Yeah, they even have their full names and pictures so everyone knows who they are." Hyunjin said.
"Damn, they didn't back down." Y/n said.
"Yeah, sometimes I feel like it may be too harsh but then I remember what the reason was and realize that it's a fair punishment." Chan said.
"Agreed." Y/n said. She then decided to continue, "You can go back to where you were sitting now, you know?"
Chan was a bit caught off guard. Everyone else was too. Y/n didn't say it in a rude way but still, it was out of character for her because she never seemed to have a problem with Chan. Shia didn't think much of it cause she just met Y/n and assumed that that's how she was, but this was weird to the boys.
"Oh, um, okay... sorry." Chan awkwardly chuckled.
"Don't be sorry! I was just- yeah..." Y/n explained.
"It's okay, Y/n." Chan chuckled.

That was kind of awkward. Am I overthinking this? I probably am. Chan thought.

They then talked for an hour, trying to get to know Shia and welcome her as well as Y/n. Every time Y/n hears Chan's voice be engaged in the conversation, her smile began to fade. Ever since she found out from Minho that Chan has strong feelings for her, she can't look at Chan the same. She doesn't understand why these feelings are occurring now because she new before today about Chan's feelings. She theorizes that it's because she isn't so focused on auditions anymore where she couldn't focus on other things then.

"Okay well, it's been nice seeing you guys. Thank you for everything. You guys are true friends." Y/n thanked them.
"Of course! Anything to help our friends!" Chan said.
He then got up to give Y/n a hug. She gave in but it wasn't as expected. They experience awkward hugs together but it has gotten better as time went on. This one felt different though. They both knew that the hug was a different kind of awkward.

What the fuck was that? Y/n's been acting kind of weird and disconnected this whole time eating ice cream just now. She might just be tired and overwhelmed. I hope she's okay. Chan thought.

"Goodbye, guys!" Shia said.
"Bye!" They all said.

After the girls walked out, the boys just sat there together and began to talk.
Minho began the conversation and said, "Does... anyone else think that Y/n was acting a little weird just now?"
Chan striked at Minho's face. He said, "W-What do you mean?"
"Well, I'm not sure... she just wasn't her bubbly and cheerful self. I'm not sure what happened but with Shia she seemed normal. We all heard her and Shia from outside of the room cause why are so loud. Here, she seemed to be moody."
"Well, girls go through tough times once a month, if you know what I mean." Hyunjin said.
"Yeah but, you can't always judge that." Changbin added.
"True." Hyunjin agreed.
"Yeah, I guess. I honestly thought that when she told Chan to move back to where he was sitting was a bit weird. Usually when Chan sits near her she doesn't seem to mind." Jeongin said.
"Yeah... I'm not going to lie, it kind of caught me off guard... but she might just be tired and overwhelmed. Today was a big deal and she's been stressing over it for weeks, you know? I bet she's fine. Don't worry, guys. If anything else happens, we know we can just talk to her anyways." Chan spoke.
"Yeah. It's a lot to take in now. Her schedule and experiences are gonna be all brand new. We'll be there for her, though." Seungmin said.

Shia and Y/n were about to walk down the stairs until they met with a guy with a stack of papers in his hand.
"Are you Y/n?" The guy asked.
"U-Uh, yeah. How do you know my name?"
"Well, I am friends with Stray Kids and heard about you from them. Who's your friend?"
"This is Shia!" Y/n introduced.
"Nice to meet you both! In congrats as to you both passing your auditions and being new recruits to JYP Entertainment, you both are invited to a party at my house tomorrow night! My name is Eli and don't worry, this isn't a joke. We don't accept behavior like that. Cough, cough, Cheonsa, cough... Seriosuly though, you can ask them all. You can trust me." Eli joked.
They both chuckled. They liked his humor.
"Hope to see you wonderful ladies there?" He asked.
"Yes! Are you cool with that, Y/n?" Shia asked.
"Yes! Thank you!"
"Yay! Dress as sassy and formal as you can. You all are gonna be treated to a fun night before your busy schedules begin! Here's the information! See you tomorrow!" Eli said.
"Goodbye!" The girls said.
"That seems fun! Hopefully he's trustworthy." Shia joked.
"Yeah, I mean he did said to ask the boys himself so." Y/n said.
"Yeah, can't wait! This is so exciting!" Shia said.
"Agreed." Shia said. She then wondered, Will Chan be there since they are friends?