seventeen

we were seventeen when we first met. seventeen when we had our first kiss. seventeen when everything went wrong. it was like the whole world was against us. it was like the universe didn't want us to be together. so many things were going wrong in our life, and we were so desperate to change it.

people would say sam and i shouldn't be together. that we were complete opposites of each other. he wants to be a musician, whilst i have no idea what i want to do with my life. i have a part time job in a small cafe in shields working on minimum wage. it's not exactly the greatest.

sam, on the other hand, is in the low lights tavern every other weekend performing for everyone. he doesn't earn much for it, but it's still a start. the possibility of a manager walking into that pub one night watching him perform is highly likely, and i have told him this many times, but he just disagrees, saying how that is impossible.

aside from all this, sam has told me about how his mum struggles with money, and it hurts my heart to even just listen to this words coming out of his mouth, let alone live them. i wanted to help him. i didn't know how. i didn't want to just watch him go through this.

he mentioned to me that his friends started to sell drugs and he wanted to start to help his mum. my heart broke at the fact that it's gotten so bad that he would even consider doing this. he told me that he mentioned this to his mum, and she broke down crying. ouch.

he was crying to me over the phone, telling me about how he just wanted all this to me over. all i wanted was to go over there and comfort him. to tell him that it's going to be ok. to tell him that it's not going to be like this forever.

and that's what i did. i went over. i stayed with him all night and hugged him, and never let go. he means the absolute world to me. i hate seeing him like his. it breaks my heart.

nothing like this should have ever happened to us. we were kids. we were seventeen.