Village Life

A young man ran through the forest, trying his best to remain concealed within the shadows of the trees. He observed the surrounding area and found his prey, a large humanoid cow, also known as a Minotaur.

Bell POV
I found the Minotaur, they look larger up close. I still wonder why such a large beast was able to hide within the village for so long.

Bell raised his bow and aimed it at the beast, he drew an arrow from his quiver and pulled the string back. In one swift motion, the arrow made contact, it barely grazed its skin.

"Well damn" Bell cursed, "that was a perfect shot", he noticed the Minotaur look his way, "shit," he muttered as he ran away from the beast as it chased me.

Bell jumped from tree to tree, ignoring the large Minotaur chasing him, it destroyed everything that stood in its way.

Bell jumped in the air, "second time's a charm" he pulled out the bow, and grabbed 3 arrows from his quiver, he drew the arrows against the bowstring, and just like before, in one swift motion he launched all 3 arrows. 2 of the arrows hit the Minotaur's body, while the 3rd one hit its eye.

The Minotaur yelled with rage, the roar sent chills down his spine, it ripped through the air like a sword cutting through flesh.

"I've done it now," Bell thought, he hoisted the bow back on his back and continued to run away. This time the Minotaur was able to catch up to Bell.

The Minotaur stood tall above Bell, its red eye glowed, and the other was dripping blood. In a last-minute attempt, Bell grabbed the arrow that was stuck in the Minotaur's eye and stabbed him with it. In a rage, the Minotaur punched Bell.

With barely any time to react Bell was launched across the forest, he slid across the dirt and grass but despite this, he quickly drew his bow once more, he drew one final arrow, and with all his strength he pulled back the bowstring and fired.

The arrow fired throughout the forest, a distinct whistling sound could be heard before it made contact with the Minotaur a ringing sound can be heard in the wind. Upon contact the arrow went straight through the Minotaur's heart, it disappeared in a trail of dust leaving behind a stone and horn.

Bell was breathing hard, it all happened so fast but it was now done.

"Whew" Bell sighed as he fell to the ground, the sun shining down on him, "I broke my bow again.." he said as he looked over to see the bow, now split in half.

After a while Bell stood up, he went over the where the Minotaur was and picked up the drops. He started to make his way back to the village, which would take 2 days...

2 days later
Bell arrived, the sun has just begun to shine on the village, a warm feeling consumed him as he made his way back home. The feeling of the gravel road was way too nostalgic for him, he had grown up in this village and knows everyone very well.

Bell continued his way to his house, he reached the familiar stone path that led to the front door is his home.

"Bell!!" A voice called out, this is Bell's Grandpa, also known as Zeus, "I was so worried, I thought you died" he said as he hugged his grandson.

"Grandpa, you don't have to be worried" Bell reassured him, "I'm old enough to watch over myself"

"To me, you're still my grandson," Zeus said, "it's only natural for me to be worried for your safety" he continued as he began to dramatically cry.

"Okay, okay," Bell said, "I'm sorry, I just got a little carried away." He pulled out the monster drops, "let's go inside, I'll add these to the collection"

Zeus nodded and followed Bell inside the house, they walked to the library which was filled with all sorts of things. Starting from monster drops to books, this was necessarily Zeus's man cave.

"That's a nice magic stone" Zeus commented, "this is worth at least 55 thousand valis if you were to exchange it at Orario"

"Grandpa, how many times do I have to tell you. I don't want to go to Orario" Bell said in annoyance, "adventurers are nothing but trouble for village folk like us"

"Who said anything about going to Orario?" Zeus asked, "I merely mentioned how much the stone is worth, not to mention that Minotaur horn. Many blacksmiths would do anything to get their hands on a pristine Minotaur horn, without a doubt, this could create a first-class weapon."

"You're not sly old man," Bell said, "I know you've been wanting to go back to Orario, I also know that you've been trying to give your falna"

"How would you know that?" Zeus asked, "I would never go against your wishes"

"Hunting is in my blood, I know when someone is watching me," Bell said casually, "it was easy to tell that you were trying to give me your falna"

"Fine, you got me" Zeus sighed in defeat, "I just thought it's time for you to become an adventur- no a hero."

"Grandpa, I told you already, I'm not cut out for this hero stuff," Bell said, "besides those were just my childhood dreams, I grew out of it."

"What about getting a harem?!" Zeus practically yelled out, "romance Bell, how can you forget about the rrrromance" he emphasized.

Bell pinched the bridge of his nose, "grandpa, you wonder why no one likes you" Bell said, "this is probably why"

"Come on Bell, you know I'm joking about the harem thing right?" Zeus said, "besides I know no one likes me, but I have you, I know my grandson can't hate me"

"That's cause I can tolerate your behavior" Bell sighed, "it's a pain having to save you from your perverted adventures"

"You sound like your Auntie," Zeus said, "always lecturing me about my personality. Let me give you one more lesson Bell, girls like a capable man, like me"

"Pfft" Bell laughed, "you capable? Don't you mean incapable?" He couldn't contain his laughter.

"Not funny Bell," Zeus said, "you're so mean" he began to pout, but that didn't work on Bell.

"I-I'm kidding" Bell wheezed, "stop m-making that f-face, you look weird" Bell was gripping his stomach to prevent the pain growing in his stomach from the laughter.

"You can stop laughing now.." Zeus said, "it's hurting my feelings, you wouldn't want to make your grandpa mad"

"A-Alright" Bell said, "give me a second" he took a breath of air, "I'm sorry, but please, never do that face again"

"Whatever" Zeus said, "I'm going to sleep"

"But it's morning" Bell replied, but Zeus didn't hear him, he was already in his room, the sound of lucid dreams can be heard.

"Well, I better sleep then" Bell collapsed on the couch, the 2-day trip made him exhausted.

Two shadow-like figures watched the home from a distance.

"Lord Thanatos, we found them," one of the shadow figures said as he held onto the communication stone, "permission to proceed?"

I think I have a plan on where I wanna go with this story but I'll need to review it first. I tried to make this more descriptive since I feel like my writing has gotten dull. I'll probably revive some people so that I can have some villains to work with.

This might be cringe, but I want to make a story that you all will enjoy, as always leave any comments for any errors, questions, and such. I'll probably start doing suggestions again soon after I finish up these last drafts

Also not sure if I'll get around to it, but comment any stories that I should do another part in, I have some of them in my drafts but I'm rewriting them.