Party Time

"So, Mom... I got some tea to spill." Y/n spoke to her phone.
"What is it, hun?" Her mom asked on speaker phone.
"So, Chan has feelings for me." She said, making a cringe face.
"Awe! Really? That's so sweet! He's really a guy you should be looking for."
"No Mom! You aren't supposed to be excited!"
"What? Why?" Her mom responded, confused.
"Because, there's no way we can happen. I make the stupid decision to ask Minho out and he rejected me and-"
"What? You asked Minho out? You barely know him yet though, right? Also what did we talk about, don't be rushing into relationships! You are going to look like a Koreaboo."
"Mom, no! Oh my god! I can't believe you just said that."
"It's true."
"Anyways, yeah, I did ask Minho out. He's flirty and funny. He's a charmer. You know I'm a sucker for that."
"Yeah, but look how that turned out in your passed relationships."
"Wow, thanks Mom." She said, giving the phone the death glare.
"Y/n, why are you freaking out about this? It's not a big deal. You also know Chan very well! I don't see the issue. If you don't like him that's fine but, what's with this panicked act you have right now?"
"I-I don't know. I just can't look at him the same anymore. It just feels so weird."
"I understand, you know James?"
"Yeah, the family friend you had since you were born. You met his parents in the hospital after you had me."
"Yes. Did you know that he liked me?"
"Really?"
"Yes, I remember when we were 13 years old and his mom spilled the beans- or tea... whatever you guys call it these days, anyways, his mom told me that he has had a crush on me since like forever ago. I didn't know how to feel and I didn't exactly treat him right every time I saw him after because I couldn't get over it. He never told me that he liked me, ever, but I decided to stop thinking about it and move forward. We were still close although he felt more than I did. Everything was okay. Don't worry, Y/n, really."
"Okay... but you were 13 years old. We are adults."
"Well, you are acting like a 13 year old." Her mom joked.
"Hey!"
"I'm only kidding. But seriously, it's not a big deal. Don't make things weird. Has he tried to shoot his shot?"
"Not really. All I notice is that he sits near me always and compliments me. He often blushes when we talk too."
"Awe! How cute!"
"Mom, stop."
"Don't be such a debby-downer! It's sweet. He's a sweetie."
"Ugh." Y/n rolled her eyes.
"You're fine, Y/n. Don't do what I did though. Don't make things weird."
"Okay, I won't."
"Good. I didn't realize I was making things weird but you are self aware a lot of the time so I think you'll be fine. Are you okay?"
"Yes, Mom. You always know how to help."
"Mothers know best!"
"Ba-Bye!"
"Bye, Y/n! Congrats again. You deserve every bit of this."
"Thank you, Mama. I love you."

She then laid back on her bed and looked at the white ceiling if her apartment. She thought, I hope I didn't make things weird yet. Yesterday caught me off guard. The party tonight will hopefully make me feel better. A nap probably will too.

She then napped for a few hours and then woke up to her alarm. The party starts at 8 p.m. tonight. Shia and Y/n promised to get ready together so she called Shia to come over.

After she called Shia, she got a call from Yeji.

I'd don't think she'd actually keep my number. Y/n chuckled to herself.

"Hello?"
"Hi Y/n! Are you going to the party tonight?"
"Yeah! Are you?"
"Yeah! All of us are! Except Yuna, sadly she's still underage. Don't worry, she'll be accompanied by Ryujin."
"Awesome! I can't wait to see you guys there!" Y/n said, excitedly.
"Same with you! I was wondering, would you like to get ready with us? We can give you the address to our dorms if you want."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah!"

She thinks that it would be cool to go get ready with them but she already made plans with Shia.

"I have a friend named Shia who I was going to get ready with. Could she come too?"
"Hmm. That's a good question. I will ask my manager if that's allowed. I'll call you back." Yeji said.

A few minutes later, Y/n got a call back from Yeji.
"Hey!"
"Hey! I'm so sorry but Shia can't come. They are more strict on who is allowed at the dorms. I'm so sorry."
"That's totally okay! I understand. I'm going to get ready with Shia though. Thanks for the invite! How about we meet up and take pictures before we get to the party?"
"Yes! That would be great! See you later!"
"Yep! Goodbye!"

She couldn't just leave Shia and her get ready alone. It would've been a cool experience to get ready with them but she already has met them and they are friends so they'll hangout some other time. Either way, they are going to be at the party all together so it's whatever.

"We look so cute!" Y/n exclaimed.
"Yes! This is so exciting! I wonder who else we'll met tonight."
"Yeah. This is going to be fun."

They then heard a phone start ringing. Y/n saw hers on the counter and that was where the ringing was coming from. It was an unknown number. She was kind of nervous cause she usually doesn't like to answer unknown numbers but she decided to answer it anyways.
"Hello?"
"Hi! This is Y/n, correct?"
"Yes, this is she."
"I'm your driver for tonight! We heard that you and your friend Shia are going to the party and we are going to drive you to meet some of the Itzy girls. They were the ones who let us know."
"Wow, that's really nice! Thank you! We'll be down there in just a moment!" She said, while hanging up.
"Who was that?" Shia asked.
"You know how we are meeting up with Itzy?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, they must've made some arrangements and gave us our own private ride."
"Oooo, fancy!"
"Yeah! You ready?" Y/n asked.
"Yep! Let's go!"

They then got into the car and they were surprised to see Yeji, Lia and Chaeryoung in there with them.
"Oh my gosh, hey guys!" Y/n cheered.
"What's up, ladies?" Lia greeted.
"It's nice to meet you, Shia!" Chaeryoung said.
"Congratulations you two! How does it feel to be part of the company now?" Yeji asked.
"It feels great!" Y/n answered.
"Truly a dream come true." Shia added.
"I'm glad! There may be struggles but it's totally worth it in the end." Chaeryoung advised.
"So, how do you guys know each other already?" Shia asked.
"She actually helped us choreograph for our new comeback!" Yeji explained.
"What? Jeez Y/n, you really know everybody here already."
Y/n chuckled, "No, I really don't. We both will now though!"
They all then chuckled.

"Damn, we look good." Lia said, sassily.
"Yes!" Shia said while waving her arm.
Shia seemed quieter to Y/n when they first met but now she's like a completely different person. Y/n is glad that she's comfortable.
"These pictures look so good. You guys even look like idols." Lia said.
Shia and Y/n chuckled, "Thanks!"
"Alright, let's hurry now. The party is about to start. Luckily, the house is only a minute away." Yeji suggested.
"Sounds good!" Y/n said.
Y/n then got a text from Shia, she read it in her head, I can't believe we are friends with Itzy. This is so crazy. How do you feel?
Y/n responded, I feel so grateful. They are so nice and welcoming. I can't wait to meet more people.

They then pulled up to the house that the party was at. It was a big house. They could tell that Eli definitely had some good money being out into use.

Shia and Y/n were the last ones out of the car. Shia then leaned to Y/n's ear and said, "You think that will be us one day?"
"You never know! Maybe!" Y/n smiled.

As they were looking around, they noticed that no one was outside. They realized it was just them and that Itzy already had rushed in so no one would recognize them and post anything.

The drive rolled down his window and said, "You ready, girls?"
"Yes! See you later!" Y/n said.
"See ya! You have my number if anything. Have fun!"
"Thank you!" Shia and Y/n said at the same time.

They then walked to the front of the house and there was a high flight of stairs in front of them. The both of them were wearing heels so they were a bit nervous to go up them.
"Well, I guess we don't have a choice." Y/n said.
"Yep." Shia chuckled.
"Hold on." Y/n laughed as they were trying to go up the tall stairs and almost failing.
Y/n then heard a voice above her, it was Chan.

"L-Let me help you."