The lost friend

" I asked her what do you want in return for your love?

And she looked into my eyes and said.

.........Nothing......

" Just a smile would be enough"

......

12 years Later

" It's mine!"

" No! It's mine! "

" You are lying Veronica! You stole it from me!"

" I didn't steal! Why will I steal when it is mine!!!"

Two girls were brickering . Fighting with each other over a pair of new shoes.

Going to the extent of literally tearing each other's hair. When the other students rush in. Holding back the girls .

" You thief! Let my daddy come! He will not leave you!"

" I am not scared! My mom is the trustee of this school! She will throw you out!"

The fight was getting out of control. Some snicker at their childish fight while majority stood there just watching them in indifference.

Except for one.

Whose gaze for fixed at something or rather someone other than these two girls fighting.

A girl with beautiful grey eyes was looking outside the school gate at another girl leaning on the gate door. She looked poor, with clothes torn and hair shabby.

But the girls eyes? They had a lot of hopes in them. Lot of dreams and desires.

She stares at the beautiful pair of shoes the girls were fighting over. Her muddy hands holding the railing tightly.

" What do you think of yourself! You think I am lying!"

" Yes you are! I said I never stole it! We just have two shoes with same design. "

" No these are mine! They are limited edition!"

In the fit of fighting, the so called shoes they were fighting over was laying on the ground.

And the girl with grey eyes moves forward. Stopping near them.

The two girls fighting. Were too lost. Oblivious of anything around.

Picking up the shining pair. The girl approaches the entrance gate of the school. Moving closer to the girl outside.

" Here. They are yours now"

Offering the shoes to her through the gate railing. The brown eyes of the girl outside held shock. Her hands retreating.

She has never been shown such generosity before. Why was this girl giving it to her?
What will she ask in return? From what she knows about this world, nothing is free.

" Come on. Take them."

Scared, looking into her grey eyes. The girl finally dared. Moving forward her hand to hold the shoes with her trembling fingers.

Her eyes shining with happiness looking at the shoes in her hands, that couldn't be described.

For the poor girl, it looked like she has found the most valuable thing in the world.

A small smile broke at the corner of her dry chapped lips and she stutters , looking back at the girl with grey eyes .

" T-th-ank you"

For the girl with grey eyes, the image her eyes beheld were beautiful. The dimples smile on her dirt covere face yet shining eyes. Was priceless.

But before the grey eyes girl could admire her more a hand clasps the girl's wrist. A scream roaring behind.