3.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<3.5>
🦋

FOR THIRTY MINUTES, JAMES AND Petunia sat on the roof in silence — enjoying the sounds of the birds chirping in the morning air. The rosy pink sunrise was on full display, and soon turned a shade of yellow, as the sun finally presented itself.

It was a cloudy day, and grew rather warm for December — but that didn't stop the two from tangling into a comfortable embrace, Petunia still combing her hand into his hair.

For a moment, Petunia believed the boy in her arms fell asleep — especially as he remained steadily quiet. And even when she spoke to him, he did not answer. However, unbeknownst to her, James was awake. And the reason he remained quiet, was in fear that if she knew he wasn't asleep, she'd pull away.

and he didn't want that.

And without her realizing, the blonde began to hum along to the birds, removing her hand from his hair — instead gracing it down to his cheek, rubbing smooth patterns into his now pink face.

his heart quickened.

An unfamiliar feeling coursed into his stomach, and he almost shivered at the feeling — not knowing if he liked it or not.

And Petunia stayed oblivious through all of his struggling, internal thoughts — and found herself leaning her head against his own, softly smiling as his hair tickled the side of her cheek.

Like James, the pit of her stomach swarmed with a foreign feeling, making her slightly shift in her spot. But, as she was unfamiliar with this feeling, she tried to ignore it — especially as she couldn't tell if she liked it or not.

they stayed like that for awhile.

When seconds progressed into minutes, and minutes into hours — James pretended to finally awaken on the blonde's shoulder. And as she gave him a warm smile, he wished he could go back to that position.

he didn't.

Instead, the two, with the help of one another, got down from the roof — entering the small home.

And to their surprise, Marlene's shrieks were the first thing they had heard.

Petunia was the first to react, rushing towards the sounds — which were coming from the living room. And James followed quickly after, almost bumping into the blonde as she stopped at the sight.

Dorcas, being overly close to Marlene's face, held a pointed needle in her hand as she pressed it into Marlene's nose — and Marlene squinted her eyes at the feeling, now noticing the two new faces.

    "Oh" She winced, "Don't mind me, just getting a nose ring," She stated rather casually, and Petunia sputtered out a laugh.

     Though, Dorcas slapped the girl on the arm — muttering, "Don't talk with a needle in your nose... bloody idiot."

Marlene snickered.

     Then, out of nowhere, Sirius entered the room next — sporting his own piercing, which he looked quite fond of.

      "I never took you as the piercing type," Petunia said shortly, making her way to the open couch, "Maybe some tattoos, but not piercings."

She cringed at her words.

        Because as soon as the words left her lips, she quickly regretted it, watching as his face grew bright at her words. James even perked up.

       "What a brilliant idea, little Evans!" He smiled, "What do ya say, Prongs—"

"Prongs?"

The two looked at her quickly.

"What?" They spoke in unison.

        "Uhm, nothing—" She suddenly felt cornered, "I've just noticed you have some.. creative nicknames," she awkwardly spoke, "I mean, you're padfoot and you're prongs, you call Remus moony — and Peter.. well— uh."

"Wormtail."

Marlene faked a gag at the name.

      "If you ever call me worm anything," She spoke to Dorcas seriously, "I will commit murder."

"Noted."

      Petunia shook her head at the two girls — who did seem closer than when she entered the room, and brought her attention back to the boys. "I was just curious how you came up with those names."

And instead of answering, Sirius fake pouted, plopping on the cushion next to her, "Feeling left out, are we?" He mocked shortly, leading the girl to roll her eyes in response.

"Please," She pushed out, "How could I be jealous? I've got the best name of you all.. Padfoot. If you've forgotten, I am Tuna."

James hid a smile at that.

"Right you are."

And Petunia sent him an innocent wink.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER