9

The morning came quickly, almost too quickly for him.

Jeongin hadn't seen Minho since last night, nor Hyunjin or Chan. He was visited by a nurse a few times and had been informed that the bullet missed his internal organs and that he had just lost quite a bit of blood, so his stay would be for at least a weak and after that he'd have to take it easy.

So it wouldn't be for another three weeks until he could return to training.

He heard that his parents had arrived in Seoul, and that they'd be here soon; And in all honesty he wasn't exited to see them again. 

The time passed rather too quickly. A few nurses came in to check up on him and to replace his IV bags, some of them making small talk that Jeongin wasn't really interested in. He'd rather enjoy his alone time before his parents arrived.

When the clock hit the afternoon hours, was when the door opened to reveal one of his nurses, with his parents trailing behind her.

Jeongin didn't cry and he didn't smile, instead he just stared at them with the same hollow expression he was trained into. The same one beaten black and blje into him every horrid night before bedtime.

His mother looked like she had been crying. Her eyes were a bright red and puffy, just as her cheeks were. No makeup filled her face:Probably because she left in such a rush, but even without it she was beautiful. She always was.

He didn't know how a man so cruel and cold met someone as kind hearted and beautiful as his mother. She deserved so much more than his bastard of a father. Jeongin didn't know why she stayed when she could have lived a nice life with man who would treat her better than he ever could.

Jeongin forcefully swallowed the guilt filled knot in his throat as his mother walked toward the bedside, her breath held as she sat down in a chair besides him, more tears gathering in her eyes as she bit her lip to keep them from running down her already irritated cheeks.

A guilt filled Jeongin as he looked at her. He knew she wanted nothing more than to pull him and a hug and cry in relief that he was alive and okay, but she wouldn't. His father wouldn't allow something so pitiful towards his son, so instead Jeongin moved his hand to hold hers, a small smile on his face as he gave a reassuring squeeze.

He could feel his heart lighten as she flashed him a smile. Her eyes blinking harshly to keep the tears at bay.

The moment was fine until his father spoke.

The same cold, harsh voice that would always haunt him.

"I heard you won't be able to train for a few weeks." Jeongin felt himself shrink underneath his father's gaze, a sudden sickness washing over him. "I also heard the prince was shot as well, it's a shame."

He was the shame.

That's what he meant.

"I'm guessing you haven't been working hard enough. I'll have to see to that when you come back home."

Jeongin could feel his teeth catch his lip as his free hand fisted the blanket hard enough for his knuckles to turn white as he stared down at them.

He didn't want to go back to that hell. Trapped behind closed doors to endure the beatings and punishments from dusk till dawn all over again. He couldn't handle seeing his mother cry everytime new scars littered his body, or when the bath water reddened from how much blood seeped from his cuts. Jeongin didn't want to do it again, he'd do better next time. He'll work harder, spend more time training. More cuts, more bruises, more—

"I'm not dead, am I?" "

Jeongin felt himself tense as he looked toward the door way were Hyunjin was casually walking past his father with two cups of vanilla icecream and a pair of spoons.

Jeongin noticed he looked better than yesterday. Of course he was still in his hospital gown, but his hair was neatly combined and styled compared to yesterday night.

Hyunjin had a smile on his face as he set the two icecreams and pair of spoons down on Jeongins tray.

His mother stared at Hyunjin in disbelief, her hands tightening around Jeongins as she glanced back at her husband.

Hyunjin wasn't at the least bothered as he turned his head to smile at Mr. Lee who narrowed his eyes on him. "You've gotten older since I last saw you." Hyunjin cheekily grinned as he tilted his head to the side, clearly trying to tick the older man off. Jeongin bit his lip as he nervously looked between the two.

His father would never dare touch Hyunjin, but he couldn't help but fear for the worst. After all he was an unpredictability man.

"General Lee." A voice interrupted.

Standing in the door way was Chan. He was wearing a white button up with black slacks and dress shoes, but even groomed up Jeongin could see the exhaustion in his expression. He had probably been up all night trying to sort out all of the chaos.

Beside him was Minho.

Jeongin felt his heart lurch at the stern expression he kept on his face as he met the eyes of their father. He envied his brothers strength. Jeongin could never look his fathers in the eyes like that, he doesn't think he'd ever be able to.

"Minho." His father says in a stern tone as he hardens his gaze on his oldest son.  Minho only gave a slight nod of acknowledgment before going back to looking at Jeongin with his guilt ridden expression, that made the younger boy look away with a illed expression. If there was anything Jeongin hated it would be when people gave him guilty or pitied looks. He just wasn't able to handle it well, as stupid as it sounded.

"Sir, Ma'am if you'd mind I need to have a word with Jeongin privately." Chan said as he slightly bowed to the two. Jeongin could feel his mother tense up with worry, but nonetheless she stood up and made her way toward the door not forgetting to flash a warm smile that made Jeongin a little less anxious.

His father left the room with a an unhappy expression, he was sure he'd be hearing about later.

He watched as Minho closed the door and finally let out the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding the entire time.

Chan took a seat in one of the chairs by Jeongins bedside and gently cleared his throat as if he was readying himself to say something Jeongin wasn't about to like.

His jaw clenched as his hands squeezed the blankets tighter making both of his knuckles go white from the grip. He hoped Chan wasn't taking him off the guard, he doesn't know what his father will do to him if he does get taken off. He won't be able to take another beating again, he's afraid he won't wake up again if he has to go through that hell.

Chan gave a smile that was more pitying than comforting and Jeongin knew whatever he was about to say was not what he was going to like.

"Jeongin." He spoke gently as he sat back in his chair with a small sigh. "I very much know your a capable guard, and you've been training..all of your life.." He pauses, the tension in the room growing thicker before Chan starts again, this time with a heavier tone.

"I hope you understand that you won't remain as a guard in these current conditions. You'll be removed from your position and will no longer continue your training." He finished, the air thick with silence as Jeongin stared down at the blanket with a plain expression. He knew it was gonna happen, but hearing it from someone was so much worse.

"However—" Chan said as he gave him a small smile, Jeongins eyes staring back at him in hope.

"I want to offer you a position as Hyunjins personal assistant."

"Wait?"

"WHAT!?"

/heheheh funny little ending is Hyunjin by the way.

Hope you enjoyed, have a good day or night!