05.10

[act five; chapter ten     -     drakon]

Okay, listen. Andromeda didn't dislike Rachel Elizabeth Dare, but she also wasn't her biggest fan. Sure, they had a few things in common like their fiery red hair, they liked reading and music, painting. It was all really basic, simple things. But she also didn't want to have to be saving Rachel at the moment.

She could hear the girl screaming inside the helicopter. For some reason, she hadn't fallen asleep, but they could see the pilot slumped over the controls, pitching back and forth as the helicopter wobbled towards the side of an office building.

"Ideas?" Percy asked as Annabeth landed beside them.

"You're going to have to take Guido and get out," she said.

"What are you going to do?"

In response, she said, "Hyah!" And Guido went into a nosedive.

"Duck!" Annabeth yelled.

They passed so close to the rotors Percy felt the force of the blades ripping at his hair. They zipped along the side of the helicopter and Annabeth grabbed the door. That's when things went wrong.

Guido's wing slammed against the helicopter. He plummeted straight down with the boy on his back, leaving Annabeth dangling from the side of the aircraft.

Andromeda, who was still on the ground, threw her good arm out, vines breaking through the ground as they attempted to grab hold of the helicopter. She winced when the vines began getting split in half from the out of control rotors.

Percy was so terrified he could barely think, but as Guido spiralled he caught a glimpse of Rachel pulling Annabeth inside the 'copter, the blonde yelling something at Andromeda who nodded with wide eyes.