The First Happy Christmas

Fred

I blinked a few times, squinting into the light and feeling around for the missing warmth I had enjoyed the whole night before realizing she was gone.

I sat up, peering around the room at George and Lee who were both still sound asleep, the way I wished I was. Stretching my arms above my head until they knocked against the top of my bed frame, I threw the covers off and scanned the room for any clothes to throw on so I could go look for her.

Just as I pulled a white long sleeved t-shirt on, the door creaked back open, revealing the blonde girl, a guilty look on her face and Pigwidgeon squirming around in her fists.

"Why are you never here when I wake up? It's getting quite rude." I teased through a yawn, flopping back into bed.

"I forgot to mail your mum's gift last night, so we have to send it now! Did you guys want to send her anything?" She whispered, trying not to wake the others up and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah, Cassy, all mum wants from us is less letters home from school, and that's just not something we can control." I shrugged.

"You git's want to get a room? One that's not shared? Honestly, bloody loud." George rolled over, pulling his pillow on top of his head to block out the sound and light.

"Sorry, Georgie." She grinned, tying a tightly rolled up parcel onto Pig's leg and surrendering the handful of treats she brought for him before letting him out the window, a blast of icy wind filling the room.

"Good God Cassidy! You guys sleep in her room tonight, I need a break." George joked, throwing his hand over his eyes dramatically before the small girl snuck to the side of his bed.

"But I have presents." She sang, grinning when he sat up with a groan.

"Alright, I'm up. Present me." He reached his hand out and I laughed, watching her reach deep into a bag she dropped from her shoulder.

"Georgie," She read the tag on the neatly wrapped boxes, handing one to George and walking the second to me. "And Fred."

George was nearly shouting by the time I had opened my box, revealing a green and white quidditch jersey with 'Connolly' written along the back.

"The beaters?" I grinned, looking at George's matching jersey with 'Quigley's' name.

"They reminded me of you two, at the World Cup." She shrugged, obviously nervous that we wouldn't like them.

"Cassidy, this is wicked!" George beamed down at her, still sat in between our beds on the floor. "I didn't get you anything, I feel like an ass."

"It can make up for me not getting you a broom." She joked, earning a nod from George. "You like it?" She turned to face me, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I love it." I whispered, pulling her chin up for a kiss.

"Alright, we're doing that now? Finally." Lee announced, emerging from his blankets at last wearing a smirk.

"Now that she's my girlfriend." I shrugged, shooting Cass a wink and watching her face tinge pink. "What did you just send to my mum, by the way?"

She grinned once again, looking proud of herself. "I knitted her her own Weasley sweater! She doesn't have one, right?"

I thought for a minute before shaking my head. "No, I guess she doesn't."

"Now you all match."

"Now we all match." I corrected, reaching beneath my bed to pull out a package, slightly crumpled from being shoved under my bed for a few days and tossed it to her.