Chapter 16: Karev vs Karev

♤Season 8, Episode 12♤

Angela rubs her hands together, setting a pair of scissors down and handing Arizona a mirror, "Take a look. I took a little more off than I was planning too, but I think you look great."

"No, I love it," She gets her wife's attention, "Hey, look."

"Ooh. I want that. Move," Callie ushers Arizona out of the stool. 

She smiles, "Shorter than what I did to Arizona or just a small trim?"

Callie thinks, "Use your gut. How did you get so good at doing hair?"

"You don't really have a hair salon in the middle of a desert, so I got good at doing hair. Teddy and I had this friend, she would challenge me every week to come up with a new hair style for her. Her goal was to outwit me," Angela tells them, taking Callie's hair out of her ponytail, brushing it out. 

Mark walks over with Sofia in his arms, "Is Auntie Angela doing mommy's hair?"

Angela starts making faces at Sofia, "Tell daddy not to bring you over here or else Auntie Angela is gonna mess up mommy's hair."

Callie pushes Mark away from Angela, "Yeah, no. Not while she's holding scissors to my head."

"You're going to Zola's party tonight, right?" Arizona asks.

"Yup. But before that, Yang and I have a bunch of cardio surgeries. We lost two weeks with her being Teddy's storyteller. Which reminds me, after I snip this last piece," Angela snips the final piece, "And have your approval," She shows Callie the mirror, "I have to go."

"I love it! You are a miracle worker," Callie tells the cardio surgeon.

She smiles, grabbing her bag, "I know," Looking at Sofia, she kisses the baby's hand, "I will see you at the party later," Before kissing Mark, "And I will see you at work. Love you."

"Bye."

♤♤♤♤

Back in their groove, Cristina and Angela walk out of their third surgery that morning, "How did you repair it that fast?"

Angela shrugs, playing it off, "Well, it was luck more than anything else. He could've gone into pulmonary edema."

Cristina shakes her head, inflating her mentors ego as Teddy joins them, "No, it wasn't luck. You were in the zone."

"Oh, you got to see Angela in the zone? It's perfection, isn't it? I swear, I learned more from her in the field than all of med school," Teddy boasts her friend up more.

The She-Karev tries not to let a smug smile make it's way onto her face but she can't help, "Well, I am amazing. What to do with all this awesomeness but share it?"

A couple of nurses stop the cardio trio, "Oh, Dr. Altman, um...it's lasagna."

The other nurse holds out his container, "And this is a spinach pie."

As Angela tries not to laugh, Teddy takes the dishes, "Oh, that's-that's so sweet. Thank you. Um...it means a lot to me," Angela starts to laugh but covers it with a cough.

"More widow casserole there, T?" Angela asks.

"Your husband's dead. Have some food. What is that?" Teddy mocks.

"You know what? I'll put it with the others,"  Cristina takes them.

Angela stops her before she leaves, "Put the lasagna with my pile."

Cristina nods as the trio starts to walk again, only to be stopped by Owen, "Oh, hey. How'd the surgery go?"

"I'll see you two later," Teddy tells them before leaving.