3

I decided to head back towards the drawing-room after maintaining my composure from my earlier outburst. I really should apologize to them for it, it wasn't ladylike of me, but the way Anthony acts now aggravates the Devil out of me. As I approach the entrance, I notice that only the ladies and Charlie & Gregory were occupying the room, the older men must be promenading somewhere else or in the garden. I sighed before walking up to Violet to say, "I'm deeply sorry for earlier, it's just been a lot of stress preparing to come home and then with the-" before Violet interrupts me.

"It's quite alright dear, it's not the first time Anthony has had to deal with someone close being unladylike," Violet responds as she nods her head towards Daphne.

Before I could ask, Daphne says, "He tried to set me up with Nigel Berbrooke." making me take a double-take.

"That's absurdly daft! Why in the entire Ton would he have chosen a man like that for you?" I asked as I'm utterly shocked that was even a choice in the matter of Daphne's hand.

"Said he was decent and could provide for me, also thinks his reputation checks out," Daphne responds as I scoff at what I'm hearing right now.

Anthony Bridgerton is definitely a changed man, not just towards me, but his own family too?

I'm not fond of this side of him. Not. One. Bit.

I sighed as I walk over to the window, which was open to let in a breeze, and said, "Maybe I shouldn't have come home."

"Whatever do you mean dear?" Lady Danbury asks as she and the rest of the ladies, including Isa, give me a sadden, worried looks.

"It's just-, I know I shouldn't have expected it to be the same before I left, but I was just hoping that it was, so that Isa and Charlie will get a glimpse of how I was brought up. Like the fool I am, I was wrong," I respond as my eyes start to well with tears, "Anthony's certainly acting like a git."

What I and the rest of the room didn't know was that the men were standing underneath the windowsill of the very window I was sitting near.

-Outside-

Colin breathes out a breath that makes it seem like he's in disbelief of what he's heard alongside Simon & Benedict, while Anthony is standing in the garden looking out to the sky.

"She's right you know," Benedict starts to say as Colin looks at him like he'd grown another head, "She is, hey. You didn't see the state she was in after she stormed out, he really struck a nerve and it's beyond me that he would act that harsh to a dear friend."

Simon sighs as he looks towards Anthony's direction to ask, "Should I even talk to him about it?" Benedict and Colin shrug as if to silently say, "Your choice". At that moment, Simon decided he wasn't going to try to change Anthony's views since Anthony is the only one who can make those decisions, but tries to convince him to apologize for his actions.

"What seems to trouble you, old friend?" Simon asks as he walks to be beside Anthony.

"Just trying to figure the arrangements for Daphne's upcoming wedding to Lord Berbrooke," Anthony responds as Simon scrunches his nose in distaste.

"Shouldn't you be putting your mind on another situation? Say towards conjuring up an apology to someone," Simon says as Anthony sudden his breath as if he had a realization from Simon's suggestion.

"Indeed I should, I'll apologize to Mother before I head off to the study," Anthony says as he checks his watch and turns toward the estate's entrance, "Thanks for reminding me, Hastings."

"Not exactly what I was suggesting, but at least you're heading in the right direction," Simon mutters to himself as he watches Anthony disappear into the estate and head to the drawing-room.