three: walkie

"And what are you doing wondering off on your own?" Y/n questions finally getting close enough to Alicia to stop walking

"And what are you doing wondering off on your own?" Y/n questions finally getting close enough to Alicia to stop walking. The sound of Y/n's voice causes the green eyed girl to stop slowly turn around. Y/n gently leans against a tree, a small smile on her lips looking between Alicia's eyes.

"Just wanted you to follow me," Alicia responds and Y/n smile fades tilting her head.

"Why? To talk? Because we could have talked in front of everybody," Y/n says, shrugging but Alicia shakes her head.

"Yeah I want to talk. The last time I saw you was the day everything went to hell." A slight chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as she drops her head a moment, nodding.

"I remember. You were waiting on Matt and he never showed but I did." Her head lifts and she sees a sadness wash over Alicia. The girl bites her lip leaning up off of the tree. "He didn't make it did he?" Slowly, after a couple moments Alicia shakes her head from side to side. Y/n closes her eyes a moment taking a step forward nodding. "I'm sorry. He was a good guy."

"Yeah he was-" Alicia pauses shoving her hands into her back pockets. "But are you okay? Like where were you when everything happened?"

Y/n shifts in her position seeing how fast Alicia wanted to change the subject. But she didn't push the matter only nodded, taking in her deep breathe. "I was on my way to my aunt's. My bio mom was there."

"Y/n..."

"When I got there, I wasn't met with neither my mom or my aunt but the dead." Y/n keeps a straight face, but tears welled into her eyes. Images of her bio mom and her aunt being one of the dead flashes into her mind just like the memory of that day and night flooded back quickly.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I know you really wanted to meet your mom-" Y/n raised her hand, gently shaking her head while a small almost painful smile formed on her lips.

"It's okay. Maybe another lifetime." Y/n shakes her head and glances over her shoulder before looking back. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

Y/n looks directly into Alicia's eyes, a sadness forming in her own eyes looking into the girl's green eyes she grew up with. Alicia slightly steps forward as Y/n takes a step back, biting her lip.

"Don't get close to Rue."

"What?"

"Just trust me, okay? Don't get close to her. Avoid telling her actual information about yourself."

"So I shouldn't trust her..?" Y/n nods her head up and down slowly, clenching her jaw. "How can I trust you though?"

"Did you trust me before?"

"Before everything happened? Yeah of course I did-"

"I'm still the same person, I've just seen shit and been through shit. We all have. But I'm still that same person." Alicia's green eyes go back and forth between Y/n's and her lips separate to go and speak before there's movement behind Y/n. Alicia's eyes glance past Y/n and Y/n turns around, stepping off to the side of Alicia.