TWENTY SEVEN

Sirius Black never told anyone what Peter made him do, he never spoke about his time away from the people that mattered and he was under the imperious curse

Sirius Black never told anyone what Peter made him do, he never spoke about his time away from the people that mattered and he was under the imperious curse. However, when news broke out about Peter Pettigrew's escape, the man went into a frenzy, a panic, a moment of weakness that made him break into millions of pieces all over again.

Sirius Black did the one thing that he swore never to do again, he drank.

Lyndy walked into her fathers room late that night and saw him pissed out of his mind with liquor bottles surrounding him. She remembered certain days when she just met him when he would stare at bear bottles or shot glasses, temptation luring him over, but she could have never expected this, that he would actually crumble.

The girl stumbled over and fell next to him, bringing the broken man into her arms and holding him like he had done so many times for her. Sirius was her father — a man that saved her from everything evil that tried to bring her down and she would never let the same happen to him.

Ben walked in after hearing the sobs to find his new father on the floor and his sister holding him, he watched the two and saw the similarities, how they may not be blood related but they were most definitely father and daughter.

"Send a letter to the Potters, dads over there right now and they all need to come over right now, Ben listen to me!"

The boy nodded bringing himself out of his daze and running down to the kitchen in a hurry to send the letter.

It wasn't until morning that any of them actually arrived.

Sirius faced away from the looks of his friends, parents and children, ashamed of his actions and how he hurt everyone around him. How he was right back to where he started almost six years ago. He kept facing the wall even as he begun to talk, telling the story he vowed never to tell, but it was something he had held onto for too long.

"When the war started my family got back in contact with me. They wanted to bring me home and make me a death eater but I refused. Peters task to be let become one was to get me to join. He was always talking about it and rather than dishing it, it was as if he was creating excuses of why it would be a good idea to join. And a few months after school ended he asked if I could help him with something. He kept saying how he's doing it all for his mother cause she had fallen I'll but I didn't understand what he meant until we were standing in front of my old house. We got into this argument and I was faced away, they shot me with imperious."

Sirius took a deep breath looking up at the roof of the house, "that was the first time anything happened but it certainly wasn't the last, they would tell me to do things I never even wanted to do but I couldn't stop myself and the more things I did the harder it became to resist because I was already so far in, I thought I deserved it. I killed Dorcas and Marlene with Peter, I sent my brother on a suicide mission, I killed numerous people, people I didn't even know the names of but I see their faces every night. But none of that was as bad as being forced to marry Bellatrix, to do things with her I never wanted to do. She was pregnant, three times with my children but she kept miscarrying, and I felt awful because apart of me was thankful, I mean what kind of man is happy their child dies?"

Sirius's head fell in his hands, "I'm a horrible person and now he's back and everything else is coming back and I'm sorry I drank but it was the only thing that ever helped, the only thing that ever made me feel better."

Lyndy stood up and walked over to her father pushing him to sit down and forcing him to look at her, "did you ever want to kill anyone?"

"Of course not."

"Did you ever want to do any of the things they made you do?"

"No."

"And did you want to marry Bellatrix? Did you want to father her children in the first place, before any of them were conceived?"

"Never."

"The way I see it, none of it was ever your fault but uncle Peter's because it's his fault you were there to begin with. It's his fault you were forced into everything you didn't want to do. And it's the peoples fault that made you do it because you were under a curse you couldn't fight. It was never your fault dad, it's all of theirs."

The man broke down once again hugging the blonde that always seemed to say the right thing. The words she spoke having lifted a huge weight off his shoulders and the kind words of his husband, and best friends forcing him into forgiveness for himself.

Peter may of escaped and caused all this pain, but he would never have something that Sirius always did, something that made him stronger and a true force to be reckon with. He had a lot of people around him that loved him, people that would fight with him and people he'd fight for. Peter would never have any of that — he was alone.

First off, thank you so much for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it, we're finally getting into third year which is exciting. I also wanted to say I'm really sorry this took me so long to write and update, I went through a little bit of writers block for this book and didn't know how to approach it but I think I did this well and there will be two more chapter of third year before we jump into fourth! Have a wonderful day/night everyone :)