TWENTY-ONE

The first exercise the girls blew by quickly. Hand to hand combat was always Poppy's speciality. She can always read her opponent like an open book. It's like she was always 10 steps ahead of what the next step they would do. 99% of the time it worked in her favor. And what was even better was that Terra picked up quickly on how the girl moved. She knew exactly when to bring out the vines.

The second exercise was sticks combat which the girl wasn't the best with. If anything her knife skills were a lot better. But thanks to her trusty twin, he gave her a few pointers here and there to help improve her skills. She was still learning, but she was a hell a lot better fighter at it then last year.

Poppy watched as Riven hit the floor for the billionth time today. They were in the same group, traveling together to each exercise. It was hard being near him. He gave her the space she asked for. But did she really need it? Did she really need time to know what she wanted?

Because she already knew what she wanted. She wanted to be with Riven. But yet what's stopping her?

Riven groaned, getting back up to fight only for Silva to say, "Next group. Poppy, Terra, let's go." Poppy and Terra walked onto the platform. Poppy picked up a set of sticks as Terra got into position. "Ready. Fight."

Poppy gave the man a quick smile before she started her attack. The girl was always known more as an attacker than a defender. She would attack 90% of the time while the 10% were defending the opponent's attacks. This time was no different. The teacher defended her attack as she kicked him in the side of the leg. He fell back as he tried attacking again, this time the girl landed a punch in the stomach.

He was about to raise his stick until Terra used her power to hold it back giving Poppy the perfect opportunity to bring him down to the floor, getting him in a headlock.

"Enough. Well done Poppy and Terra. Nice team work." Silva said to the girls. "Next."