TWENTY-SEVEN

Everyone separated into pairs. Poppy really wanted to go with Riven, but she couldn't leave her best friend alone. So she gave Riven one last kiss and a 'be careful' before she and Freya disappeared in the hallway. They both held each other's hands as the other one flashed the flashlight.

They both carefully walked down the hallway. Making sure to not make any noises to attract attention.

"They're near." She heard the voice again. "Turn around. Don't go there. It's dangerous."

"Stop."

"Stop what?" Freya asked.

"Don't you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I keep hearing these voices in my head. Like they're telling me exactly what's gonna happen next." Poppy explained.

"Like what?"

"Like it's warning me if something's gonna happen."

"Poppy, you're freaking me out right now."

"I just..."

"They're near. They're coming. Listen to me. On your right."

Everything happened too fast. The voice in the girl's head was too late. The minute Poppy turned to her right, a Burned One slashed into her stomach causing the girl to cry in pain.

"Poppy!" Freya yelled, she didn't have to think twice then to crouch down to check on her friend. The Burned One was long gone. "Poppy, stay with me, please."

"Freya, it hurts." Poppy cried. 

"Sh, it's ok. It's ok." Freya said, picking the girl up. "It'll hurt ok. I just need to get you to the courtyard." And the girl tried her best to walk as quickly as she could. Nobody knew how long someone had if a Burned One hurt them. Freya just needed her best friend to be ok. "Help! Somebody!" Freya yelled gaining everyone's attention in the courtyard.

Sky immediately towards them. He couldn't believe his eyes. "Poppy!" He helped Freya lay Poppy down on one of the tables. 

"Where is the Zanbaq!" Professor Harvey ordered.

"Sky..." Poppy chocked.

Sky immediately held onto the girl's hand. "Poppy."

"I'm sorry."

"No no no. Don't say that."

"I'm sorry I have to leave you. All alone."

Sky cried, shaking his head. "Please don't Poppy. Look Professor Harvey has the Zanbaq. It'll help. Just stay with me, ok."

Professor Harvey was trying his best to quickly get the Zanbaq in the girl's system.

"It won't help... I can... I can feel it reach my heart."

"Poppy."

"Stay strong ok Sky."

"Poppy!"

"You have to tell Riv... you have to tell him I lov..." The girl choked on her words.

"Poppy!" Sky tried shaking the girl, but it was too late. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was non-existent. 

✄-----------------------------

I AM DEEPLY SORRY!!