TWENTY-EIGHT

Sky was feeling something he's never felt before. 

Emptiness. 

Losing his father was something that didn't hit him much. He barely knew the man.

Losing his twin sister, his other half, was hitting him, hard. Sky felt as if something in him left and was never coming back. 

He didn't know what to do without her. She was always there for him when their parents passed away, his first day of school, his first time with Stella, she was his other half. She was the only one he truly had left. And now, she was gone.

Sky didn't even get to say goodbye. 

Now he was left all alone in this world. 

Sky secured the doors. He was doing everything he can to distract himself from thinking about what just happened to his twin. There must be another way. Like he could find the exact Burned One that hurt her and maybe, just maybe she'll wake up. It's a stretch, but the boy was willing to do everything he can to bring her back. Even if it got him killed. 

"Don't you have fairy things to do?" Sky asked, annoyed to see Bloom walking up to him.

"I should've told you what I was doing in the Stone Circle, and I should've been honest with you like you were with me. I'm sorry." Bloom explained, feeling bad about what she did to the boy.

"I just lost my sister. Ok. I don't need this right now." Sky said, almost going into tears again. Every time he thought about what happened, tears would fall. But Poppy wouldn't want this from him. She would be laughing in his face if she saw him cry. 

"I know and I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but if we can find the Burned One, there might be a chance she'll come back. Sam will be better. This will all be over." Bloom tried convincing the boy.

Sky shook his head. "That's a lot of ifs."

"Sky, the kiss we shared, if you thought it was anything but..."

"Bloom, I just lost Poppy and now you're mentioning the kiss we shared?" Sky angerly shook his head again, not believing what the girl was saying.  "I can't believe you."

"I know and I'm sorry Sky. It was selfish of me to."

"Yeah it was. But it's fine Bloom. Whatever it was I—." The boy was cut off when the girl smashed her lips onto his. 

And for some reason, he felt calm. The anger he had inside him left his body. The pair quickly pulled away.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." Bloom said.

"If I still say I don't believe you, can we do it again?" Sky said calmly, something he hasn't felt all this time. That was until he looked at Bloom have her serious face again. "What is it? Whatever you're thinking of doing, I'm here. After what happened with Poppy, I'm not letting anyone else die."