32

"What's the matter?" Sensing the difference in Shang JunLin's mood, Shen Yu felt puzzled.

After a moment of silence, Shang JunLin asked, "Does the noble monarch know what this medicine is for?"

"Isn't it for promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis?" Shen Yu was even more bewildered. "It's not only these. The imperial hospital sent a lot of similar medicines."

Shen Yu pointed to the small cabinet at the head of the bed. Shang JunLin usually didn't look in that cabinet when he used medicine. He didn't know what was stored there.

Shang JunLin took a deep breath. This really was a good medicine for promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis, but it was used in a different place. He put down the medicine bottle. "This emperor will have a look."

Shen Yu followed Shang JunLin to the bedside and watched as he opened the small wooden compartment. He took out a bunch of small bottles and jars.

There were long and slender bottles, small rounded bottles, and square angular bottles. Shang JunLin picked up several of the smaller ones at random and opened them one by one.

Only two of the ten small medicine bottles contained normal ointment. The rest were for lubrication.

"Have you ever used these medicines?"

Shen Yu thought about it a moment and shook his head. "I don't remember ever using them."

He hadn't experienced many injuries since entering the palace. A few rare times Shang JunLin had accidentally bruised him, but if Shang JunLin hadn't insisted, Shen Yu wouldn't have bothered to use medicine.

Shen Yu didn't understand why Shang JunLin was reacting so abnormally. "Your Majesty, is there a problem with this medicine?"

"No problem, but it's better if the noble monarch doesn't use them." Shang JunLin pointed to the medicine bottles sent by Imperial Physician Gu. "Especially these."

"But Imperial Physician Gu said they're good for my health." Shen Yu felt more and more curious. He was certain Imperial Physician Gu wouldn't lie to him about something like that.

"Does the noble monarch believe this emperor or do you believe Imperial Physician Gu?" Shang JunLin frowned slightly. There was a trace of dissatisfaction in his voice.

"Of course I believe Your Majesty," Shen Yu said without hesitation.

Shang JunLin's mood warmed. "Tell Mu Xi to store these medicines somewhere else later."

Shen Yu drew closer to the man and poked him in the arm. "Your Majesty really won't tell me what these medicines are for?"

Shang JunLin gave him a deep look. "Really so curious?"

Shen Yu nodded.

"It's for men to use during lovemaking." Shang JunLin's voice was calm, but the tips of his ear flushed slightly red.

Shen Yu paused. The medicine bottle in his hand suddenly felt like a hot potato. He could neither hold it nor put it down. When he thought of what he'd just said, he wanted to find something to hide under.

"Ah... I really didn't know. Imperial Physician Gu didn't say anything when he gave it to me." Shen Yu hurriedly put the medicine bottle on the table. "I'll tell Mu Xi to put them away."

Taken by surprise, Shen Yu couldn't help but notice the scarlet at the tip of Shang JunLin's ear and was distracted from his own embarrassment. How rare, His Majesty was actually flustered too.

The hand that had put down the medicine bottle changed direction and slowly reached up to Shang JunLin's face. The young man's slightly teasing voice said: