Chapter 24: Can I die again?

After that entire chaos both teams were still shaken up by Nerida's outburst of rage and there was still a heavy dark aura around her as she was furiously flipping pages in her spell book. Her team was staying six feet away from her with their bodies shaking in immense fear.  

The ghosts were a bit shaken up and a bit ashamed. They were one of the most powerful ninja in history and they are shaken up by a teenager! (who is actually an adult).

"N-nerida...." Haku nervously reached his hand to her only for her to slap it away.

"No." Nerida buried her small face further in her book making her ice blue eyes come in contact with the smooth book pages.

The ghosts sweat dropped at her action, She is pissed. As. Fuck. 

Kakashi (thankfully) stepped in and tried to lower the tense atmosphere by explaining that if Sakura didn't participate in the Chunin exams, then it would have been the end of the line and he can't let the others in even though there are more than three squad members. 

"But since all of you are here, and for the right reasons. Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke, and Nerida. I'm very proud of the four of you. I couldn't ask for a better team." Kakashi gave them his signature closed eye smile that we can't see.

Nerida felt her body temperature go sky high, and her face was a bit red. Surprisingly Naruto was the first one to notice it.

''Nei-chan, are you sick?" Naruto asked, his whole body is shaking from head to toe, He've never seen his best friend flustered or any kind of emotion like that. 

"No I'm not. Why?" Nerida cleared her throat and turned back into her stoic self again. 

The others sweatdroped at her. 

'Oh~' Daphne thought as she looked at the scene in front of her. 

Then Zabuza looked at His (temporary) team with a small smile that wasn't visible due to the bandages that covers the bottom of his face. But they were able to see his emotion through him.

Nerida finally closed her book and Daphne mentally cheered and looked up at Zabuza.

"Go and kick some ass."

Haku nodded, "Hai."

"They better not be wimps." Daphne and Nerida said in sync.

But Daphne and Nerida were also curious since there will be other people from different nations but also have a bad instinct that something bad will be out of order.

Putting those thoughts aside both teams opened the doors to reveal a bunch of genin from different nations and they were all looking at them, well they were more like glaring at them.

"Wow, all the genins from each nations are here, this year will be tough." Shisui said as a small grin crawled up on his face. 

'Oh man, I didn't know there would be so much competition.' Sakura though as small beads of sweat started to form on her face.

"Take a picutre it will last longer." Nerida shouted. The genin's glares increased at them. Now her team is sweating like pigs from a barn.  

"Nerida what are you doing?!" Daphne harshly slapped her back. A wave of nostalgic pain flooded in her body and now she is shaking with back pain with a gloomy atmosphere around her.

"Look I want to kick ass to but can we not do it now?!" Daphne pinched Nerida's cheeks and whispered/scolded her. 

"Is she asking for a death wish?" Izuna asked with a look of disbelief.

"Trust me this wasn't the worst thing i've have ever done."  Nerida said in telepathy while looking at the sea nymph with a glare which Nerida gladly returned. The ghosts froze in shock, Worst thing?! Oh boy they don't even want to know what shit she has done.