ch. 5 - love song

'longing,

'longing,

how soft a word for such a ravenous feeling.

how we hunger in silence.'

[pavana]

><><

From inside the tent, annoyance grew in Harry's chest as the Slytherin Locket Horcrux lay beneath his shirt. He was on his small mattress, staring up at the fabric roof as a song whirred with static from Ron's radio, unapologetically disturbing the silence.

The lyrics of Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet only increased his bubbling frustration as he held tightly onto the folded picture of Addie he had kept for months.

'...It's written on the wind

It's everywhere I go, oh yes, it is

So if you really love me

Come on and let it show, oh...'

All this song made him think of was her—and at this moment, he resented Ron for it as the chorus played.

'You know, I love you, I always will

My mind's made up by the way that I feel

There's no beginning,

There'll be no end'

The song stopped short as a bright spark hit the radio and knocked it off the table, sending it smashing onto the ground. Ron, staring at the pieces in shock from a nearby chair, instantly made to protest as Harry tucked his wand back into his pocket.

"Hey!"

"I'll fix it later," he said curtly, rolling over so his back faced his ginger-haired friend. "One more fucking love song, I'll be sick."

"Ugh. Hermione—!" Ron called over to the bookworm who seemed to miss the encounter—even as she sat in the same room as them at the long wooden table, engrossed in one of her books. She put up a hand to shush him and he scoffed in irritation.

"Oh my God," she spoke suddenly.

Thinking it was about the radio-situation at hand, Ron motioned toward her. "I know right, that was a bloody good song—"

"No, Ron...not that..." Hermione fumbled to stand from the table, not once taking her eyes from the book's worn pages. Hearing the urgency lacing her words, Harry rolled over a little and watched as she walked to the centre of the room between the two. She was still skimming the page frantically.