69.

War Has Come.
The Darkened Forest.

The enemy had come and Ben knew whatever came out of the rift opened by Mael, it wasn't him and it wasn't in any way hinged, it would kill and defile all that it could until there was nothing left. A clatter and heaving turned him to look at the rift closely, a being unlike Mael was walking out, his raven hair like the night sky, his glowing scarlet eyes haunted by his prison and his features retaining an unnatural grace, that he almost seemed harmless, but as he stepped foot onto solid ground the bodies that lay there all shriveled to bones, the very air became dense and poisonous. "Free, —I am free." He rasped out as a cackle escaped his lips. "I am free!" He declared, roaring like a dragon in chasm of gold, Ben could feel it, his power was something unimaginable, he could've easily killed the others, as each step he took, he drained nature itself, the sky was darkening now, a show to what was happening, he had returned and he had a hunger for vengeance unlike any other.

Ben having cloaked himself couldn't be seen by him, Mehejash, his true name, once a normal simple man, now corrupted by his need for power. "Witch, why are there no armies to feed me, no welcome, —do you not rejoice in my presence!" He hissed as Ben soon realized, he was no ordinary mystic, he was also a witch, he could sense his magic, so he released his cloak. "Your taint would've killed them, like you're killing this forest, armies, mystics, nature —all would've been devoured by you." Ben replied as he looked into the eyes of the creature the world feared, in the blink of an eye Mehejash was in front of Ben, scrutinizing every part of him. "Yet, —you don't fear me, are you not terrified that I will absorb what little life you have." The creature taunted as he placed his palm on Ben's shields and tried to take his magic but nothing happened. "No, I do not." Ben replied as he reached out and grabbed Mehejash's arm and pulled magic from him.

Mehejash wretched his arm away from Ben and narrowed his eyes on him, then released a singular bolt of black lightning onto him but it was absorbed before it even came in contact with him. "What are you?" The creature once man asked and Ben smiled. "Better than you." He retorted as he released a singular bolt of lightning onto Mehejash that he dodged but Ben smirked as it bent around and kept attacking until his opponent was forced to create a shield with his arms and block his attack, Mehejash was almost at full power and as time passed Ben knew he'd be harder to fight, but he couldn't attack blindly he needed to find the source of his power first. "Khathu de mehevita." His opponent cast the spell creating several typhoons from nothing and hurling them toward Ben. "Solceda nalla vitu." Ben clenched his fist as his magic flared and the typhoons were gone, he turned around to face Mehejash who was behind him ready to strike, what the man hadn't expected was Ben to have speed, in a breath Ben vanished and appeared behind the man delivering a blow to his head then unleashing several solar flares that hit their mark everytime until they all exploded. "You'd have to do better than that." Mehejash called out as he rose from the smoke unscathed, of course Ben knew that, he was just looking for a way to break through his defenses so he could siphon the immortality spell away.

Mehejash attacked this time, he lunged for Ben with only his bare hands, he threw a punch which was dodged, swerved around Ben to try a shoulder chop but Ben flipped back and waited in the air as he growled and lunged for him again, the man lunged for him trying to connect a kick, a punch, tackle, all of it Ben was either countering or dodging, then Mehejash was frustrated as he released a guttural growl and aimed with precision in his attacks, Ben deflected his punch to the right with his palm, used his his knee to hit Mehejash's chin, then grabbed his arms, pulled him back to deliver a punch to his chest which he deflected but that's exactly what Ben wanted as he materialized a dagger in his other hand and sliced through the creatures neck. "Constó." Ben muttered the spell keeping Mehejash in one place as he began siphoning his immortality spell through his blood. It took a lot of power to keep him in place as he struggled and growled to the excruciating pain of blood siphoning. "Immortalis revere dracous morterm vindartu nagitane." Ben cast the reversal spell as he had siphoned three quarters of the immortality spell, making sure Mehejash couldn't place it back. He was almost finished, his immortality fading but then a shadow appeared behind Ben ready with a spear to attack him, it was Mehejash's shadow.