Chapter X

Sorry for the late update, had to take a little break cause college sucks.

But anywayss, here's the new chapter. 

Hope you guys like it.

_____________________________________

Elias hasn't been in contact for the whole two days. Angel was starting to get worried. He didn't answer her messages, calls or voicemails. The only indication that he was alive was one simple text from him, saying "I'm fine" and that's it. Even if he meant well, the text did nothing to calm down her worrying, overthinking mind that seems to never shut up.

The first day she couldn't comprehend the reason for his disappearance, even though he knows him the best. Her parents were still shouting outside her bedroom door, not giving her a peace of mind. Every thought and feeling was twirling around in her head and the loud music that was blasting through her headphones was her only salvation. Cuddled up in her dark purple blanket, Angel sat at the foot of her bed with closed eyes, trying to block out the world around her.

The second day it was like someone knocked some sense into her brain, she realised that today was the day he loathed the most, the two-year anniversary of Elias's parents' death. Angel felt immense guilt surround her for forgetting this important day for him. She knew just how much he suffered these past years, endless sleepless and drunk nights with her by his side witnessing the whole thing. No matter how hard he tried to be less affected by the grief, it was still a fresh wound and wouldn't go away for a while. Her love and loyalty for him never lessened, though. She didn't consider him a burden, just her soulmate she would always take care of and share his struggles.

Helping and being his support felt like exchanging positive and negative energies between them and balancing those so they could both carry the same amount of their difficulties in life. Never less, never more.

Angel and Elias spent every day of their lives together since they've met, therefore it wasn't a surprise when grief struck her almost as much as him. Honestly, his parents were more of her family than her own ever was. On that horrible day of the accident, they both lost people they treasured the most for a silly reason, like some drunk driver crossing the red light, hitting them and killing them on the spot. The paramedics said his mom was alive and conscious for some time but the shock and anguish of seeing her husband's cold dead eyes must've been too much for her to stay alive for even another minute. They were found clutching each other's hands tightly. Their love was one of a kind and Elias always wondered if he would ever have the chance to experience something similar in his life.

Elias didn't take the news well. He was left alone and lost with no family, the only silver lining was his Angel so he grabbed on her tightly and swore to never let her go. After hearing about his parents' death, the only thing he felt was anger and pain, he didn't know how to deal with those emotions simultaneously so he ended up punching every surface that reminded him of them. Ended up with a strained wrist but his health and staying intact didn't matter to him anymore.

The numbness came after the funeral. His mind was trying desperately to protect him from the pain he was feeling while his momma and papa were being lowered to the ground, and the only way it knew was to build cold walls around his heart and make his whole body go numb. Angel, sitting right next to him and holding his right hand, could see the exact moment he decided to shut everything down and her heart gave a painful tug for Elias. She badly wanted to bring him back but knew he needed some time and pestering would drive him even farther away.

This cold phase with a lot of drinking and crying himself to sleep while clutching his wrists to his chest, lasted about a month or so. After countless attempts to bring him back to his normal and healthy state, Angel had enough. One day she marched up at his door banging on it until he came out, looking more of a homeless person than Gary the homeless man, they met a few weeks prior. Without a word, she got Elias to take a shower, cleaned him up, cooked the veggies she brought with her and sat down with him to talk.

"I know the pain is still fresh and probably won't go away any time soon. I know it will be difficult to continue living without them and not have their support and love. But what you're doing now is just suicide and I don't want to watch my soulmate wither away in front of my eyes. It pains me too much to see you like this. Please, at least let me be here for you and don't shut me out." Angel said with a tear escaping her eye.

Sitting in front of her was Elias who suddenly felt so much shame consume him. Elias realised he wasn't the only one suffering this past month but while he had alcohol to numb his pain, even more, she had no one by her side. He felt so selfish. With a heavy heart, he got up and rushed to her rapidly kneeling by her feet and bringing Angel to his chest. Angel burst out in tears as she missed his warmth, his cuddles and his love so much. She could barely sleep with so much worry weighing down on her chest. But now she felt her heart get lighter and the feeling of relief spread out through her whole body.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone, Angel," he whispered in her ear sobbing, "I didn't know how else to cope with them being g-gone."

Suddenly Angel brought his head up to face him, holding both of his cheeks firmly.

"Don't you dare apologise for grieving, I'm in no shape angry with you. I was just worried sick about you because I didn't know how you were doing," she told him with a serious tone. Elias was looking at her with wide watery eyes, realising just how much he missed this wonderfully beautiful human being.

"I promise I'm not angry but this needs to stop. If you continue, you'll destroy yourself and I want to see you thrive in the future and not wither away." She said with a fond smile to give him much-needed comfort.

"I promised I will never push you away," he said firmly and carried on cuddling her throughout the night.

He managed to get his life back on track in the next few weeks. It wasn't particularly that hard to do so thanks to all the money, the house and the apartments his parents left him. He was also sixteen and considering his financial situation, the state gave him the freedom to live alone.

On their one-year anniversary, he broke his promise.

Last year was definitely not pretty for him. The amount of time that passed meant he spent the whole year without his guardian angels by his side and that made him realise just how much he missed them, made him feel like there was something he could have done to prevent this all.

As a result of his mind tricks, Elias locked himself in his room for three days straight and only left his abode for food and water. He completely ignored Angel and even if she knew these days would turn out exactly like this, it still hurt her that he was trying to distance himself from her and suffer alone.

These traumatic days left her in a constant state of worry during this specific time of the year. And it baffled her how could she forget this now.

Angel couldn't let that happen again and even if it did, she wouldn't let him go through this alone ever again. They promised each other to always be there for one another and that is exactly what she was about to do.

She left her miserable home in a hurry and went to get her favourite person his favourite food with some pretty flowers. Angel arrived at the nearby flower shop, and picked up some Gazania flowers, parents loved them the most. These flowers had such peculiar beauty to them and they came in different colours. She couldn't decide which colour to get so she chose them all, they deserved every beautiful item there was.

The next stop was the pizzeria to get his comfort ham and bacon pizza with olives. And lastly, a Japanese place to buy their delicious ramens and chicken gyozas. It may have been a weird combination of food but for them, this was happiness they could share.

With some coke zero, of course. They both thought it tasted better than the classic.

With everything gathered up, Angel drove to Eli's place in hopes of cuddling up with the gentle giant and calming her racing heart. She needed him just as much as he needed her.

A/N

I think this is the longest chapter I've written. 1500 wordss.

Hope you guys liked it.

If you got any thoughts, please let me know. 

And pleasee tap that little orange star⭐⭐