20.

Tommy felt a weight on him.

A physical weight, on his shoulder and stomach. He also smelt vanilla. Once he felt legs move on top of his, he opened his eyes.

Laying half on top of him, with her legs tangled in his and her head on his Shoulder was Bella.

She was still asleep and he had no intentions of waking her.

Although Nothing happened the night before, except sleep, he enjoyed their time.

After they entered the room last night, Tommy threw her on the bed, making her laugh then she stood on her knees giving him a push. After that they simply got in bed to sleep.

He was so comfortable at the moment. The silk fabric of Bella's night dress felt smooth on his bare chest. He was in his boxers and even though her feet did feel cold on his legs, he didn't mind.

Using the arm she was laying on, he wrapped it around her waist and used his other hand to brush some fallen hair out of her face.

As he watched her, he saw her eyelashes flicker. And before he knew it he was looking into her warm grey eyes.

"Morning" he said

She gave him a small groan and buried her head back into his neck, mumbling a "mornin'" into it, causing Tommy to chuckle.

"Not a morning person peach?"

Shaking her head into his shoulder at his question. "Please don't make me get up yet...you're so warm" she moved her feet against his legs as she said this, causing Tommy to flinch at how cold they were

"Fuckin' hell! You're feet are like ice!" He yelped, causing her to chuckle.

"Sorry" she said, moving up to rest on her left elbow to look down at him, her hair falling over her shoulder, giving him a closed lip smile, which he returned.

"You know this is second time we're waking up in the same bed" she spoke

Tommy nodded "aye, it is. Is that an issue with you Ms. Ray?"

Softly shaking her head "not for me, it isn't"

He knew what she was implying. But still she wanted to be here just as much as he did.

"You don't have to worry about that Bell, that's my burden." He said while bringing his other hand that wasn't wrapped around her up to rub circles on her hip with his thumb.

Bella looked down as she spoke her mind, "the thing is Tommy, I don't feel guilty about this, but what does this mean?" She looked back up at him

He looked into her eyes. "Like we've said so many times, we were meant to find each other. Just as I believe we were meant to end up here...and- and I know I have to marry Grace, I have to at least try for Charlie...but that doesn't mean my feelings towards you will change"

It hurt, but it was the truth. "I know you will marry Grace, and I'll be there. But with that being said...this is as far as things can ever go between us. But just know Tommy I wouldn't change a single thing right now."

Tommy hated the idea that no more can happen, but she's right. So what he got, is what he'll accept.

Bringing her right hand up she started tracing the tattoo on his chest as they sat in silence, enjoying the time they did have together.

"I suppose we should get up, 'fore Ada comes looking" she said breaking the silence

Tommy had been watching her concentrate on moving her pointer finger across his chest, he didn't want to move but it was time so he hummed in agreement.