- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 shivered in the back of Kieʼs car, holding a sleeping Kaz close to her. She was beyond worried for Jordan and his life, but more angry at the fact the boys let him off to do whatever he wanted. But although she was mad, and he knew it, JJ kept his arms wrapped firmly around her waist, promising to protect her and their baby forever. And upon seeing that she was cold, he shed his hoodie and used it as a blanket for Kaci and Kaz.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" he asked, frowning when Kaci moved her head away from him.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened," the boy answered shakily. What he saw on that tarmac would stay with him forever, stick itself to his mind and replay in his nightmares. It traumatised him, and he needed things to change.

Pope started to cough, having smoked so much weed in the last few hours that even JJ was growing concerned.

"Easy there, chief. Damn."

Kaci looked down at the sleeping angel in her arms, holding his hands and watching as his fingers automatically curled around one of hers. She wanted her brother back, and she didn't care how she did it. She just needed Jordan. She couldn't lose him like she did Luis. She had to protect him in a way that she never did before. She should've took him back to the Château with her the night she left. If Kaci had told him it all then, all of this could've been avoided. Jordan would've been safe.

JJ leaned forward to the back of John Bʼs seat, but managed to keep Kaci wrapped in his arms. "Alright, I'm just gonna be real with you right now," he said. "You might end up in the lionʼs den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

"Your old man's an abusive liar," stated Kie.

Kaci switched her gaze to send the girl a warning glare. 

"I agree with JJ," Pope spoke up, his face covered in sweat. "Fuck the police."

"You going to the dark side now?" asked Kie sarcastically.

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" he shot back at her.

"Peterkin looked out for me, alright?" said John B, voice distressed and eyes teary. He shook his head. "Tried to, at least. They need to know."

Kaci shrugged. "I don't wanna go to the police," she said honestly, and everyone turned to her. "I wanna get Jordan back, and make Ward and Mikel pay for everything myself  — you've gotta be the stupidest person alive to believe they'll actually get locked up in the end. Besides, they deserve way more than a prison cell."

"And Rafe," added John B, to which the girl didn't respond. He shook his head. "But I'm gonna to the right thing." Then he left the car.

A chilly silence filled the air, and JJ lifted Kaci and Kaz back into his comfort spot, keeping his family as warm as possible. He knew she blamed him a little for Jordanʼs disappearance, but it was the fact that she hadn't argued with him about it that scared him. Kaci wasn't the type of person to stay quiet about her opinions. He knew that behind her cold exterior was really a small girl, shaking with fear and worry.

"We'll get him back, Princess," he whispered to her again.

The girl leaned back onto his shoulder, a sad look in her eye. "What if it's too late?" Her voice was quiet, and only JJ could hear the words that she feared the most.