Chapter 102

For the rest of the summer break, Diana felt so anxious that she had began to lose weight. And ever since she was younger, she always hated it whenever her mother told her how skinny she was and that she needed to eat more.

     With everything that was going on, Diana had lost almost all her appetite; from the arranged marriage to Evan, him being a Death Eater and his threats of hurting the people she loved, to the vision she'd had.

     So long had passed since her last vision that Diana had managed to convince herself that her first few visions were merely illusions that she had seen due to her lack of sleep.

     In the beginning, her visions had been mostly feelings. But now, she was sure that she had made an actual prediction. She had peered into the future and had seen the outcome of her actions and decisions.

     I can't let him die... I can't let it happen, Diana kept thinking to herself.

     But the more she thought about it, the more her left shoulder ached. It had happened before; she had felt a pain as if someone had stabbed her shoulder, and yet she couldn't understand why it kept happening to her each time she had a vision.

     I have to ask Professor Tennebris about this, Diana noted to herself, but she already dreaded seeing him at school again. Their Divination professor was by far the creepiest and weirdest human being she had ever met in her life.

September 1st came sooner than Diana had hoped, and she didn't feel ready to face Remus yet. She needed more time to come up with a way to prevent this marriage, because her vision had changed her previous plans.

Diana met up with Layla in platform nine-and-three-quarters after bidding her mother goodbye, and they boarded the train together with their trunks.

"So how was summer?" Diana asked her friend distractedly, trying to make a small conversation as they walked down the train's corridor to find an empty compartment.

"Miserable." Layla sighed in annoyance. "Have you been reading the Daily Prophet?"

"No. Why?"

Layla gave her a look, as though the answer should've been obvious. "Diana, You-Know-Who is getting stronger every day and his army is getting bigger. People are dying or disappearing every day. There were Wanted posters and Missing posters all over Diagon Alley. It's horrible times."

"Right..." Diana muttered absently, not exactly paying attention to what Layla was saying, her words sounding muffled to her ears.

Layla looked away sadly, saying quietly, "I know this isn't a big deal to you and that you don't feel threatened by the war, given the fact that you come from a Pureblood family, but it is a big deal. At least you don't have to worry about your parents disappearing one day."

At those words, Diana finally looked back at her sympathetically. "Are you really worried about your parents?"

"Of course I am," Layla said sorrowfully, frowning to herself. "I know none of my family members are Muggleborns, but I'm still worried. My dad is the head editor of the Daily Prophet. You-Know-Who's supporters at the Ministry had been approaching him in the last few months to convince him to write what they want in the papers."

   "What did they ask him to write?"

"About how Muggleborns are scum or how Muggles are the reason Wizards have to be in hiding — I mean, the second part is actually true — but they wanted my dad to write about how horrible Muggles are and how they were meant to be ruled by us. And I think by 'ruled' they mean to take Muggles as our slaves."