twenty nine

Beverly

It took me a few seconds to register what I was seeing in front of me, but once I realized he was real, I threw myself onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he stumbles backwards slightly. He chuckles, wrapping one hand around my waist, the other holding onto the handle of his suitcase.

"What are you doing here?!" I exclaim, still in shock. He lets go of his luggage, moving his other arm around me and lifting me slightly off the ground as he squeezes my body. Only then, when I've felt the warmth of his body fully pressed against mine do I allow myself to break free.

He looked slightly disheveled, and I assumed it was due to a long flight and traveling in general. He was dressed in a white t-shirt with the words "Hollywood Sound Recorders Inc." printed around a picture of a few palm trees against a purple and blue background. His pants were just black, comfy pants paired with distressed, white sneakers. The suitcase he was carrying was a Gucci carrier, and around his other shoulder was a white tote.

"Couldn't stay away from you, could I?" He smirks, and I laugh in disbelief.

"You flew all the way to Milan to be with me?" I clarify.

"Well, yeah. Can I come in?" He gestures towards the door that was now closed when I ran at him for a hug. I nod slightly embarrassed as I fumble to open it, thankful that I kept my keycard tucked in my phone case.

"When did you fly out?" I ask first, a million more questions running through my mind.

"The flight after you. I saw a few of your co-workers, actually. Some that were at the dinner." He explains, setting his things down and turning back to face me. I immediately smile, blushing at the way he's looking at me, as he approaches. His fingers find their way to my face like always, brushing a few hairs backwards before tilting my chin up and lowering his lips to mine.

My eyes flutter shut in pleasure as he kisses me with such tenderness, yet with such intensity as if he couldn't stand being away from me for even those hours. His hands are cold against my skin, as he moves it to cup the sides of my face. He pulls away slowly, pecking one more soft, gentle kiss on my lips as I desperately lean forward for more, but he simply smiles, and drops his hands.

"When did you decide to come?" I clear my throat, trying hard to force down my longing for more of him.

"Last night, when we were laying in bed. You fell asleep first, and I just couldn't imagine not being with you for that long. So, I left early this morning, and decided to pack." He says, walking over to his tote bag and digging for his phone charger. I watch as he plugs it into the wall, still in amazement at how he decided to fly here on a whim just because he wanted to see me. I couldn't help but blush, and was thankful he had his back turned.

"You are insane," I laugh, and he chuckles deeply.

"Can you blame me?" He asks cheekily, turning back around and approaching me once more. I feel my breath hitch in my throat the closer he gets, unsure of what his next move in, but he simply runs his hand along my forearm, which still leaves a trail of goosebumps under his touch, and grabs hold of my fingers.

"How'd you even find my room?" I swallow, staring up at him. He holds eye contact for so long that it makes me self-conscious. It's as if he was staring into my soul, examining every single thing about me, and that thought was slightly terrifying.

"Asked the front desk. Said I was looking for my girlfriend's room." He smiles so widely that his dimples are so prominent on his cheeks. He knew what he was doing to me; the smile said it all. I shake my head, laughing as my body gets hot from his presence and words.