Chapter 9

SATURDAY
8:00PM

Tyquez and Will are out at the bar because they decided to hang out tonight and he wanted to vent.

"How you feeling though? Still hurting?", Will asked.

"Kinda...man honestly that shit kinda traumatized me. I don't wanna seem like a bitch but every time I something that sounds even close to a gun I jump.", said Tyquez.

"You almost died man. You ain't a bitch. You're just going through the emotion that anybody would go through", said Will.

Tyquez drank from his cup and made a stank face.

"Damn, this shit strong", said Tyquez.

Will drunk the drink like it was nothing.

"But anyway, Jordan is still a little off. She says she's okay but I know she isn't. I'm giving her that time to cool down though but I just don't want her to suffer alone. I just wish she'd talk about", said Tyquez.

"Yes I understand", said Will.

"She's even talking about being my assistant again because of the whole my job being on the line shit but I don't know about that", said Tyquez.

"Why not?", asked Will. "

"I don't know. Doesn't seem right anymore", said Tyquez.

"You're lucky she's willing to do it", said Will.

"Yea...I think she's a little mad at me because I told her no. I mean like I'm still thinking but I at the end of the day my answer is probably going to be no", said Tyquez. "I don't her to work period but she's independent so she has her business, but she's barely working nowadays because she hired workers"

"I get that you wanna be the head of the household and provide for your family but sometimes you gotta put that pride to the side when your job is on the line. You lose that and you won't be providing for nobody", said Will.

Tyquez sipped from his cup. He made a face again but not as bad because he was trying to get used to the taste.

"I mean unless you ain't tryna let go of your assistant for your own reasons", said Will.

"Man I just found out that woman is Hakeem's cousin. If I fucked her i would've been pissed at myself", said Tyquez. "I'm already mad for just thinking about it"

"She fine?", asked Will.

"Hell yea but I wouldn't cheat on Jordan. She's had a few flaws at the beginning because you know she cheated on her own husband but I realized that she isn't a cheater if that makes sense. But anyway, Jordan is all I can ever ask for in woman. She's really a ride or die. I really see why she held down Hakeem for so long. When she loves you, she's there for you through whatever. I need that", said Tyquez.

"Hell, I need somebody like that too", said Will.

"And that is why I'm marrying her", said Tyquez. "I cannot let her slip away. I love her to death. She brings the good out me but when someone does something to her it brings the side that I don't wanna bring out"

"Better keep yo ass calm", said Will. "Shit that side of you scares me a little bit. I know it'll scare her"

"...it does", said Tyquez. "Hakeem's brother came by and something happened...I mean I ain't show out too bad even though I could've been worst. Luckily I wasn't because she was scared"

"What did he do?", asked Will.

"Put his hands on her", said Tyquez. "Then drove off when he saw me"