4.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<4.5>
one, uno, ein

"How does it feel to know your parents
named you after a cookie brand?"

"It's Orion, not Oreo."

"If I were you, I'd be pretty
pissed."

"Well what's your middle name,
Petunia?"

"Elizabeth."

"Petunia Elizabeth Evans?"

"Got a nice ring to it,
doesn't it, Sirius Oreo Black"

"You know I could actually
hex you, right?"

"Not unless you want to go
to magical prison."

"Azkaban.."

"Thank you, Remus."

"Eat your peas."

      WITH A TRIUMPHANT LOOK ON her face, Petunia proudly held up a bag of cold pea's to her chest — covering the small bruise Sirius caused minutes prior.

      And as Sirius and Petunia continued their bickering, along with the occasional comment from Remus — James, Peter, and Marlene were fighting over an intense game of Uno.

"This draw four hurts more than the Cruciatus Curse," Marlene cried out, dramatically grabbing four cards as she peaked over a clueless Peter's shoulders.

"Well, it's going to hurt even more when I skip you next —" James stopped, watching as Peter confidently placed down a skip card, right before saying, 'uno'.

James cursed as he laid his cards down.

And Marlene, who had seen Peter's cards just a turn before, had a smirk placed on her face — especially as she placed down her own draw four, mumbling the word red.

Peter had green.

"Merlin's sake."

And everything was fine.

Right up until someone knocked on the door.

Petunia was the only one to react, since it was, in fact, her home. And due to Lily being nowhere in sight, she felt obligated to be the one who opened it.

So, as she tossed the frozen peas to Sirius, who yelped in surprise, Petunia made her way to the window, peaking outside.

However, as she could barely see the boy she was looking at, she opted to head to the door — opening it up shortly.

And her eyes widened at the sight.

    "Severus Snape," She greeted shortly, noticing the sneer that quickly formed, "It's been awhile, you've grown a few inches, haven't you?"

With the familiar shoulder-length hair, and a crooked nose, the boy nodded his head to the girl.

And despite the fact Petunia knew he wasn't there for her, she placed a sarcastic smile on her face, "Are you looking for someone?"

He remained painfully quiet.

And she cleared her throat.

He rolled his eyes.

"Lily."

"Yes?"

     The voice sounded unexpectedly, and Petunia slightly jumped in surprise, seeing both Lily and Dorcas making their way over.

And when Petunia glanced back to Severus, she was now faced with a genuine smile — even a slight tint of pink on his pale skin.

Though, Lily looked furious.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone changed quickly, and Petunia was truly surprised to see how fast it changed, "Here to call me a filthy mudblood again, aren't you?"

    At the word, Dorcas winced, though, Petunia remained quiet at the small altercation. And as the others started to enter the room, curious by the voices, Dorcas quickly pushed them away.

But, Petunia stayed back for a moment longer, letting the word mudblood drift through mind. Especially as she didn't recognize the word.

    And as Dorcas finally pulled Petunia out of the room, the blonde couldn't help but turn to the others, cocking her head in confusion as she asked, "What's a Mudblood?"

    Again, the group that surrounded her winced at the name, and Petunia quickly covered her mouth, looking apologetic as she whispered, "sorry."

   Though, Marlene gave her a reassuring smile, trying to rack her brain for a simplified answer. "A.. mudblood... is a term for a witch or wizard that is related to individuals who are muggles."

"And I'm a.."

    "Muggle?" Marlene asked, "Yes, you are a Muggle, like your parents."

    Petunia stood for a moment, glancing around the room as she thought about everything she was learning. And as her brows furrowed, a look of concern crossing her face, she looked back up to the group, "What's wrong with that?"

    And this time, James was the one to answer, quite quickly (might she add), as he said, "Nothing— nothing at all."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER