Avoid

"Y/n?" Chaeryoung said.
Y/n turned around and faced her. Chaeryoung noticed she looked upset.
"Are you okay?" Chaeryoung asked.
"Yeah, I-I am."
"No, you're not." Chaeyoung said sternly as she grabbed Y/n's wrist and pulled her to a couch to sit on. Chaeryoung knelt in front of Y/n. She spoke, "Whats the matter?"
"I'm fine, really. Can we go dance?" Y/n asked, trying to ignore this situation.
"No, something isn't right and is girls need to stick together. If you're not fine then I'm not fine."
"Chaeryoung, no~."
"Y/n, yes~. Now, spill."
Y/n looked away and was just feeling full of regret.
"I haven't been a good friend."
"What? To who?"
"I haven't been a good friend to Chan. I-I've been mean to him all of a sudden because I know he likes me. I feel so awful and I feel worse knowing that I never noticed before. I'm an asshole."
"What happened?"
"I found out he has big feelings for me. Like big, BIG. I don't know why but yesterday I just couldn't look at him the same after not being all focused on auditions. I thought that I was being sarcastic as usual but it just comes out as being a bully practically. I don't know how to fix this."
Chaeryoung kicked her lips, wondering how she can help Y/n feel better and get out of this mess, "That's a lot of information, but nothing new."
"Huh?"
"Nothing new meaning, I know how Chan feels about you. The Stray Kids boys texted the three of us telling us to try and give Y/n and Chan some alone time and whatever."
For some reason after Y/n heard that, she thought that she would cringe like she has been recently when Chan is being all "lovey-dovey" like but she actually feels quite nice after hearing that.
Y/n paused, then she spoke, "You know, I thought that I would be cringing towards what you just said but now I just feel like it's very nice and flattering. What is wrong with me?"
"It might be because you feel bad and are facing your emotions. I know it's not easy but at least you realized now. I mean, it's only the second day you've been feeling this way."
"Yeah, you're right. Thank you for making me feel better. I just don't know what to do."
"It's easy. Just apologize."
"I don't know... Minho all night has been pulling Chan away from me as much as possible. I also don't want to ruin his time. That may be hard."
"Yeah, but it's better to do it than wait it out cause what if later on he never accepts it?"
It hurt Y/n's heart when she heard that. She really hopes that he forgives her.
"I hope he'll forgive me. Thanks."
"Of course, Y/n. Let's go dance now." Chaeryoung said while putting her hand out in front of Y/n.
Y/n held her hand and Chaeryoung pulled themselves up in a standing position and walked.

Y/n danced and drank a lot to try and get her mind off of the guilt. It was almost 3 in the morning and the girls began to get tired so they decided to leave. As they were leaving, Y/n saw Chan and she just said, "Hey, Chan." with a little wave. He just gave her a wave back and walked off and moved along. She knew that he must be avoiding her now.

It's been a 4 days now and Chan hasn't reached out to Y/n much at all. She tried to apologize to him three times when she saw him at the company but he'd end the conversation before she could say anything do the such. As each day went on, the more she fell asleep later and later at night. She couldn't stop thinking about him. She even began having dreams about him where she'd wake up with butterflies in her stomach. She kept on having dreams about times that they've seen each other recently.

He keeps making my stomach turn and I can't help but smile when I think of him. It haunts me yet, I like dreaming about him- Oh my gosh, Is this weird? This is a little weird...

It's been a week and a half now and Y/n has only heard from him twice on text. She tried to keep a conversation going with him but he would leave her on "read" and not respond. No hangout's, no plans, no jokes, no hugs, nothing. This definitely was not normal for them. Even when their friendship became long distance, they never had this much free time from talking to each other. She wanted to test how upset he was and it definitely wasn't going as she wanted it to. She can't stand it anymore. It's eating at her and she's realizing that these butterflies that she has felt around him before are staying. Maybe she does like Chan. She decided to text him finally.

Chan is such a sweet guy. How could I be so rude? All he does is care about me and practically treats me like a queen... wow, he really is a great guy. Very attractive as well... I feel so bad for him right now. I hope he doesn't know about me asking Minho out. Who am I kidding, they are like brothers. He probably does know... that must be killing him too. I have made more mistakes than I realized...

 I have made more mistakes than I realized

Woah... Chan thought.

"What do I say? I don't know how to feel anymore." Chan asked.
Don't forgive her just yet. She needs to feel your pain." Minho suggested.
"C'mon dude, it's been a week. I think she gets it."
"Chan, no! This is what you do every time. You always give people another chance or the benefit of the doubt and you said you were tired of it! Remember?"
"Yeah..." Chan sighed.
"Okay, maybe I am taking this too seriously, but I don't like seeing people mess with my friends, okay... especially, you. You have done so much for me and everybody around you. Look, you respond however you want. I know how you are, you are going to try to make things work but, if she shows signs that she isn't listening to you or trying to fix things, you need to just let it go no matter what."
"Yes. Thank you, Minho. You're the best. Really, since when did you get good with advice?"
"Well, I guess when you and the guys feel down, I get my Dad-mode on. I just don't want you to waste your time being sad when you can find others who will make you happy." Minho chuckled.
"Thank you, I feel the same way for you too. Okay, I'm going to say this..."