CHAPTER 78. Rescued By The Enemy

Trigger warning: attempted rape

Clair had been bickering with me all night and into the morning- and it was starting to really piss me off.

Every time I thought I escaped the female necromancer, she appeared out of nowhere to scold me over nothing.

"Raven," Clair called my name sharply and I turned, exasperated.

"Yes?" I bit out harshly then smiled, trying to play it off. Clair narrowed her eyes before smiling, her bracelets clinking together as she touched her neck with her palm.

"Always the attitude with you," she sighed and shrugged, rolling her eyes. "Lunch is ready, if you wanted any,"

I shook my head and looked out a window wearily. "No..."

Clair scoffed. "You didn't eat breakfast, is this what people call love?"

I gazed at her steadily. "I'm worried, and not all that hungry, it's a full package, not just chocolate and rainbows. Love isn't easy, or at least, it never has been for me."

Clair leaned on the wall. "Sounds like a horrid mess,"

I rolled my eyes and turned my back on her, wanting to find something constructive to do. "I'm not trying to convince you to love anyone," this left her silent, and I was happy she didn't follow me.

There was a skip in my step as I slid a hand through my hair, despite my lovers being gone, I was in a rather good mood. I felt good today, my clothes fit and I showered, leaving me feeling pretty and confident.

"How are you doing Raven?" I stilled and warily looked at Kayla, who smiled kindly. I couldn't help but feel nervous, despite knowing this was a completely different person.

"Fine, just taking a walk around," Kayla nodded and looked around curiously.

"Where are your friends?" She asked, and I looked away, coming up with an excuse rather quickly.

"They're all taking a nap, long night," I winked. "You know how it is,"

Kayla's cheeks flushed. "O-oh! Oh my! Y-you all, uh, you know?"

I nodded, lying quite well if I did say so myself. "Oh yes, three times each," I fibbed. Kayla's cheeks blazed and she looked away from me. I paused hearing a creak, and Kayla waved, drawing my eyes before I turned.

"So they're all sleeping?" She asked and I frowned at her.

"Uh, yes," I stilled, a shadow falling over me. I turned and was just in time to see a rebel smack a hard object into my head.

***

A groan left my lips and I blinked, vision blurred as I awoke, confused. I sat up and placed a hand on my head as it pounded.

The world slowly came into focus as I gazed out at metal bars. "You're awake," Kayla whispered.

"Traitorous bitch no matter what world huh? I hate to break it to you, but your life isn't going to end well." I told her and hissed, placing my head between my knees. "Dear lord, did you have someone hit me with a truck?"

"I'm sorry, it's orders, that's all, you're something that could be used as a bartering chip, to get your friends to help us."

I raised my eyebrows, and decided not to tell her they were long gone. "Just go jump off a cliff," I groaned and leaned to the side from where I was on the floor.

God, it hurt, it didn't look so bad in the movies. I was sure though, at any moment, my supernatural healing would kick in.

It was still odd, thinking of myself a hybrid, when not long ago I still believed myself to be very much purely human.