Chapter 15: Eichen House, Part 3

"You're a lot weaker than Gojo Sensei."

The spirit gave him a look, "HUH?!" 

Without time for much else, Haku pushed the spirit towards the wall as they flipped back through the air to create some distance between them once again. As Haku spun the scythe in their hands before taking a stance with the blade near the ground

"Blessed Technique: Nine Tails of Divine Punishment."

Surrounding Haku's feet, a white light similar in brightness as earlier swirled about increasing in speeds causing a strong wind to rattle the room. As Haku swept the blade of the scythe upwards, they leaped through the air, turning around fully before landing on their feet once again as the bright light followed their movements.

The light had diverged into nine separate pathways all racing at breakneck speeds for Kuchisake Onna. It was impossible to tell just which strike would land first. As she thought fast on her feet, conjuring more scissors in attempts to slice through the shards of light coming for her. But as each ray of light met the blades of the scissors, it shattered the sheers to pieces.

All nine flashes of white light were unaffected in their pursuit of her as she lashed out, but to no avail. As they struck, she screamed upon impact so loudly it could curdle someone's blood. Reduced to nothing but ash, the last of her remnants glowed with a dying flame of her spirit. Exorcised, and finally able to rest in peace.

Haku, still in a defensive stance, panted slightly as they watched the last of the flames go out— their first properly exorcised spirit. All of that madness, Haku was lucky to only escape with a slash to their cheek as they stood up straight again to head for their classmates.

Still in the corner, all eyes were wide as Haku came jogging over to them. No one could say a word for what they had just witnessed. The last they remembered of Haku was a lifeless shell of a person, with eyes so glassy it was hard to tell if they even still had a soul left in their body. Now, Haku fought with a passion, moves so practiced it would've been impossible to tell they had only just picked up martial arts two months ago.

Master Tengen's memories were truly powerful as they ran through the spirit of the White Dragon.

Haku set their scythe aside as they knelt down in front of their classmates, eyes scanning each of them for the most serious of injuries to see if any of them were additionally hurt from the last events. All of their eyes were wide, jaws lowered still processing the shock. Yuta was the first to smile with surprise.

"Haku... that was incredible!" Yuta gasped.

Haku shook their head and began helping each of them up to their feet. Yuta and Haku, with injuries the least severe, began to move the furniture that blocked the exit. Inumaki shuffled over to retrieve the clothed bag with the broken talisman so they could complete their mission.

As the two had just finished clearing the exit, the students were finally free to leave. Haku walked back over to pick up their scythe when as they reached down, a force grabbed onto the collar of their coat and they were jerked back up. Like a kitten being carried by the nape of their neck from a mother cat.

Haku let out a choking cough as the force let go, instead grabbing a fistful of fabric near their chest as Haku was pulled forward. With wide eyes having already expected the fight to be over, Haku looked at just who was attacking them now— none other than fearless Maki who looked pissed beyond measure.

"Just what the hell was that?!" She demanded, her eyes bore deeply into Haku's.

Haku merely just shrugged, not knowing what else to do in that situation since Maki terrified them more than anything. She let Haku go, roughly pushing them away to have them stumbling over their own two feet.