꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

SKYLER WOKE TO KOL PRESSING KISSES UP HER NECK,
she smiled as his lips reached hers. She hummed as he pulled away, peering her eyes open she looked at the clock.

"Time to go visit little Gilbert?" She asked knowingly as Kol stood up, grabbing his jeans and slipping them on.

Kol nodded in confirmation, "I think I've finally got my swing down." He said imitating swinging a bat making her giggle as she stood.

"You're having too much fun with this." She told him as she walked to their shared closet which now had the previously empty right side filled with her clothes while the left had Kol's.

"What? I'm just playing ball, gem." Kol responded teasingly with a manic grin.

Skyler rolled her eyes as she flicked through her clothes in the closet.

_______________

"Hey man!" Jeremy called as Kol and Skyler walked up to him, Elena and Damon at the batting cage in Denver.

"Damon, it's Kol." Elena warned just as Kol swung the bat he had over his shoulder right at him, the bat broke in half as Damon falls to the ground.

Jeremy stared at Kol with wide, confused eyes, his gaze flickering to Skyler who did nothing to stop it. Instead, she was carrying her own bat and grinning.

"Jeremy, get back! He's an original." Elena told Jeremy in a panic.

"What?" Jeremy questioned incredulously, "But he knows Skyler!"

"They're married." Damon spat out as his eyes fell on his sister who waved with a grin.

"No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds." Kol told Jeremy as he grabbed a metal bat from the nearby rack, he swung it around for a moment, "You know, I'll never get used to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break."

He swung the bat at Damon but before it could hit him, Damon grabbed it and with his other hand, grabbed the broken wooden bat and stabbed Kol through the chest with it. Kol falls to the ground, his eyes going to Skyler who lets out a pained gasp, falling down beside him as they both turn gray. Her eyes fell shut just as she went limp, going completely unconscious seconds after Kol despite never being touched.

"Huh, guess she didn't lie about the soulmate bond." Damon mused, tilting his head in thought.

"Did you kill them?" Jeremy asked in shock.

"No, but it'll give us a head start." Damon responded offhandedly, "Okay, come on."

_______________

"So Kol is an original?" Jeremy asked with furrowed brows, "And Skyler is... what?" He looked over at Elena and Damon as they walked.

Elena glanced at Damon before she sighed, "She's married to him."

"They're soulmates. Literally." Damon added avoiding looking at either of them, "He gets hurt, so does she. And if he dies..."

"She dies." Jeremy concluded, Damon gave a nod. "Great."

"Wait." He paused in realization, "Where are we even going?"

"Motel. Hopefully far, far away from those two." Damon responded, grabbing his keys from his pocket and clicking the button to unlock his car. "That won't keep them down long."

_______________

Skyler gasped as she shot up, her eyes snapping open. She found herself immediately scanning the area for any source of danger and then finally when she saw nothing that would hurt her, she searched for Kol who seemed to be in the same process as her as their eyes met.

"Skyler." Kol called standing up and rushing over to her, he knelt down beside her, his eyes flicked up and down her body to make sure she was unharmed before they met her eyes again. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yeah I'm fine." She assured him, "Are you?"

Kol nodded in reassurance as he brought his hand up, caressing her cheek softly.

"I'm gonna kill them."

_______________

"Oof like Vampire Hoarders." Damon commented as he and Elena entered the house, the front room was full of books and other junk.

"Who is this Mary person?" Elena questioned as she looked around.

"Scary Mary. She's really old, super creepy." Damon shivered theatrically.

Elena looked over at Damon, "And how do you know her?"

"I dated her."

Elena rolled her eyes, "Of course."

"What? I said creepy, not ugly."

A loud noise came from another room, startling them. They looked at the door where the noise came from as Damon, followed by Elena, went into the room. Elena moved the torchlight around the room in search of the source of the noise, the beams landed on a vampire with a stake through them, trapping them to the wall.

"Mary."

As if on cue, the lights came on lighting up the dark room to reveal Kol sitting on a chair with a metal baseball bat and Skyler standing beside him with a gun holstered in her jeans. The couple had eerily similar smirks on their faces as Kol tilted his head.

"Quite contrary."

_______________

"Shame about Mary." Kol commented conversationally. "She used to be a blast. Don't quite known what happened. I fear all the time with my family might have ruined her."

"She was a bit of an Original groupie." Skyler commented.

"Like you then?" Damon responded.

Skyler gasped dramatically, "Why I never. I only have eyes for Bekah."

Kol let out an amused snort as Elena looked at Kol curiously, "So were you her favorite?"

"You mean, did I turn her?" Kol replied with a raised eyebrow, "I think I did. But no, wait, maybe it was Rebekah. There was also a Klaus period. And let's not forget the Elijah affair." He hummed.

"I spoke to my brother, I know you're trying to find out who you descended from. Now you never will. So, where did we leave off?" He asked with a manic grin before he hit Damon's leg with a baseball bat, when the vampire fell to the ground, Kol kept hitting him as Skyler sat down comfortably in the chair Kol previously occupied.

"Elena get out of here!" Damon shouted, Elena obeyed, making a run for the door only to find a bullet flying at her in a blink of an eye, the bullet landed an inch above the girl's head as Skyler blew the tip of her gun with a grin as Kol blocked Elena while she was still in shock.

"According to my brother, you're off-limits." Kol told her in warning, "Please don't test me."

He threw her to the ground as Damon got up, rushing at Kol before Skyler could aim her gun and shoot.

"Don't touch her." Damon demanded.

Kol threw Damon off with ease, "Oh dear, it seems we've hit a nerve darling." Kol commented casually to Skyler, "Relax, brother, I just want us to be even. You snapped my neck, you killed my brother, and then you humiliated me. You're lucky I'm rather attached to your lovely sister otherwise I would have killed you ages ago."

Kol hit Damon repeatedly with the bat before he took a step back to examine his work, "There. Now we're even."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟷𝟽𝟶 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂