꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"DAMON!"
Rebekah called as she stepped out of the elevator into the storage units with Skyler in search of Damon after Skyler returned with Kol to find out her best friend, Klaus, had been daggered in the day she had been gone. It was an understatement to say she was a little angry about that fact.

"Brother, where are you?" Skyler called, looking around with Rebekah, "This isn't time for games." She scowled, her heart beating despite her attempt to keep it steady. She couldn't help but have a bad feeling about all this or maybe that was just because Klaus had managed to get the creepiest storage unit available.

"Damon this isn't funny." Rebekah called out in warning as they looked around for the man.

The women walked down a line of storage units. Unbeknownst to the danger that lies just around the corner, they continued walking down a row when they were suddenly grabbed from behind by Damon who covers both their mouths as both their eyes widened, fighting against him.

Damon pulled them back so they were hidden behind a unit, "Shhhh." He whispered in their ears.

Now, with their focus off searching for the man now holding them back, the two women could hear someone else walking around in search of them it would seem.

Skyler pulled away from her brother and whispered, "What is going on?"

______________

Rebekah helped Damon and Skyler wheel Klaus's casket to a car when Alaric comes out of nowhere, grabbing Rebekah and slamming her head against the car before he threw her to the ground. Damon rushed at Alaric but the man swiftly kicked him out of the way with surprising strength.

With narrowed eyes, Skyler stepped in front of Klaus' casket, determined not to let the hunter through and to protect her best friend. Her eyes widened as the man ran at her, before she could do anything, she was on the ground, gasping for breath while Alaric walked up to Klaus's coffin, and opened it, he pulled out the white oak stake daggering Klaus.

As Klaus' eyes opened, Alaric pulled back the stake, aiming it straight for his heart. Rebekah and Skyler rushed to get up as Skyler screamed, "No!"

"No, don't!" Damon called as he stood up with wide eyes, desperate to stop his drinking buddy from killing the original hybrid that sired him and his siblings.

"No! No! No!" Rebekah screamed as Alaric staked Klaus through the heart causing the hybrid to gasp. Damon swiftly grabbed both Skyler and Rebekah, pulling them back so neither could run to the casket as Klaus' body went up in flames. Rebekah and Skyler cried out, screaming as they watched their brother and best friend in flames.

"No! No!" Skyler sobbed as the flames grew.

Alaric turned around with a sadistic grin, "Next." he said while he stared right at Rebekah whose eyes widened.

"Rebekah, run, run!" Damon said, he pushed Rebekah in the opposite direction, he made sure Rebekah was starting to run away rather than back before he pushed Skyler forward too, "Go with her, run, Skyler, run!"

Skyler glanced at her brother before she rushed off after Rebekah, fear pumping through her pushed further by grief from the oh-so-too-recent loss of her best friend. The girls ran as fast as they could, back to the only family they had left.

______________

"He's gone, brothers." Rebekah called out as she and Skyler reached the woods Elijah and Kol were waiting for them in. Both girls had tears still running down their faces as Kol rushed to his wife, checking her for injuries, "There was nothing we could do to stop it." She cried.

Elijah's face fell, and Rebekah and Elijah both walked forward and held each other close as, behind them, Kol and Skyler did the same, Skyler burying her head in her husband's neck while Kol held her as close as he could, comforting her and himself, as she sobbed for the loss of her best friend. Meanwhile, Kol tried to hold back his tears by pulling her impossibly closer.

"Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived." Elijah told his sister as they pulled apart, "You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline."

"I thought he did." Rebekah responded in confusion.

"I thought he turned Katherine too." Skyler said in realization as she pulled away from Kol, who wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her close, to keep her safe. "She sired me. I should be dead." Kol looked at her worriedly, his arm around her tightening ever so slightly.

"It wasn't me." Elijah told them shaking his head.

"It wasn't me either." Kol added.

"It wasn't me. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it." Rebekah responded sternly.

Skyler's brows furrowed as she stepped towards them and away from Kol who followed her closely with his eyes, "If it wasn't any of you then... how are they still alive?" She looked around at them in confusion, "How am I still alive?"

______________

"What do we do now?" Skyler asked Kol as they sat alone in their bedroom at the Mikaelson home while Rebekah and Elijah were out doing who knows what.

The air of the house seemed somehow different without Klaus, something was missing. Skyler was certain the Mikaelson's never even thought they'd miss their brother but now that he was gone... everything had changed.

"Now?" Kol asked.

"Now that Klaus is gone, now that I've escaped death somehow... now that we can leave." Skyler said as she looked down at her lap, messing with her hands anxiously.

Kol sat down beside her on the bed, "We can do anything we want, darling." He told her softly, "The only question is... what do you want to do?"

"I want to get out of this town and then..." She looked up at him, a fire blazing in her eyes that held a certain wicked side that she usually tried to suppress until it was the right time, until she had a good reason.

She had a very good reason to be a little wicked now...

"I want to ruin Elena Gilbert and her perfect little life."

"Mmmm, I love this side of you darling." Kol told her as he smirked wickedly, then he whispered...

"Let's ruin her."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟶𝟻𝟺 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂

Hey weirdos! First off if y'all didn't know, we did skip another episode before this chapter starts (episode 21 of season 3) and this will be happening more in season 4 as Skyler and Kol aren't involved as much. But anyway, sorry this chapter is shorter yall but this is the last chapter of season 3, and there's only 5 chapters left of Salvatore Sister, I'm super excited but don't worry this won't be the end of Skyler's story and I can't wait to start the second book!! ❤️❤️