Chapter 16: Confrontation

It had been a week since that night and Momo had still said nothing.

She had fully intended to speak with Y/n and possibly Midoriya about the conversation she heard. She just could not get the courage to do so.

She didn't know how to bring this situation up in the first place. She also worried about what Y/n had said previously. That if she and the rest were to know things about their universe bad things could happen. In short... she was stressed.

Momo tried to play cool throughout the week and went along with the group doing their daily activities and whatnot. Y/n still continued to train them all with workouts that were oddly helpful for someone who hated exercise. Y/n had also had them watch media from her universe about heroes who had superpowers similar to their quirks so they could try and adapt some of their moves. That is also how Todoroki had an obsession with Elsa and Iida with the Flash.

But even with Momo attempting to keep her cool, she would still have weird reactions to Midoriya and Y/n as well as mentions of his quirk and All Might. Eventually, it got to the point where Y/n got worried and pulled her away after they got done training in the garage. 

"Hey Momo, are you okay?" Y/n asked Momo once she pulled her into her room away from the boys, whom she had forced to clean up. 

"Of course I am!" Momo said immediately after. She was sweating and worried and Y/n could tell. "Look," Y/n started as she sat on her bed, "I don't know what's wrong, but I thought we had become really close since you all got here. And I noticed how off you have been acting around me and I just really want to know if I did something to upset you." 

Momo took a seat next to Y/n and exhaled. She knew she would have to come out and say what it was. The stress was just eating her alive and she too wanted her friend back.

"Okay, so last week I got up in the middle of the night and came to the kitchen. It was there that I heard you and Midoriya talking. I was just going to come in and get a glass of water but I heard you guys talking. I heard what you said about All Might. I know that it was a secret and I am so sorry for eavesdropping and possibly ruining everything. I am so sorry."

Momo seemed like she was on the edge of tears. She truly was upset that she heard something she wasn't supposed to and on top of that she had so many questions that she wanted to be answered. Instead of Y/n yelling at her for listening in to a private conversation she brought her into a hug instead. 

"Thank god!" y/n said with an exhale. "I thought I accidentally did something to hurt you. And don't worry, it's not like Midoriya and I were being all that careful. It's not your fault." Momo embraced her back and wiped her tears. "You're not mad?" She asked in between sniffles. "of course not." Y/n replied rubbing her back. "Everything is going to be fine."

After they had both calmed down a little, it was time for the serious part. "Should we tell the others?" Momo asked as they sat on the bed. "I don't know. We would obviously have to talk with Midoriya about it but I don't think it would be a good idea." Y/n said. 

Y/n truly didn't think the others knowing would be a good idea. Bakugo would be pissed (and she did not have a UA battleground for them to duke it out), Todoroki would probably have a lot of questions, Iida would probably scold him for keeping the secret as well as have questions, and honestly, Kirishima would probably accidentally spill the bean right when they got back to their universe. All in all, it just wasn't a great plan.

"Yeah, I get that," Momo responded. "I can't even imagine Bakugo's reaction based on how he acted at the quirk assessment test at the beginning of the school year." They both laughed with each other about Bakugo's outburst. "We should tell Midoriya that you know though." Y/n said after their giggles died down. "Plus I know I can trust you and he will too." They smiled at each other and spent the rest of the day just chatting and Y/n showing Momo more of the media from her world. 

----------

After a while, the girls came back out for dinner that Bakugo had so generously cooked. He claimed it was because everything Y/n cooks tastes like shit, but it was cool with her to not have more shit to do. 

Y/n and Momo had agreed to tell Midoriya later when they could get him alone. And this time in a place where they know no one would be able to hear so they don't have a repeat of the incident. 

In the meantime, they were all relaxing on the couch making conversation with each other while they waited for their dinner. It was honestly really nice and comfortable to have everyone around. Initially, Y/n worried about how she was going to get them back, but now she worried about them leaving. In such a short amount of time, they had all grown so close. Y/n hated the idea of them leaving and her never being able to see them again unless through a screen or in the manga. She hated the idea of losing her friends and the sentiments were shared by the others, though some (cough cough *Bakugo* cough cough) would never admit it.

When the food was finally done and they sat down to eat Y/n looked at them all. She felt kind of bad for keeping them cooped up inside all day except for runs of going to the grocery store. "Hey, guys?" She asked to the table and all heads turned to her. "How about tomorrow we go out and do something? Like the beach?" Y/n proposed. Immediately Kirishima jumped from his chair and started cheering. "Hell yeah, we're going to the beach!" 

Bakugo grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him back into his chair with a growl. "Shut up shitty hair." Even the insult didn't dimmer Kirishima's smile and excitement about going to the beach. The rest were also excited and started talking about what they would do. Momo started getting more food in preparation to make swimsuits for everyone even though Y/n said she would buy some for them all. 

They all started making plans for the following day as they ate and Y/n started to regret the idea as soon as she realized she would have 6 teens with quirks out in public and together all day. Especially the idea of Bakugo interacting with other people and with the group. Eventually, she decided to tune out her worries and just focus on the present. Trying to enjoy the potentially limited time she had left with them all before they leave.

I'm not dead!!

Sorry for not updating and leaving this story for so long. I was just stressed and didn't know what to put. IDK if this is good or not but I feel like I needed to give yall something.

Idk when I'm gonna update again but hopefully I will during summer. If yall have ideas for what should happen just leave them in the comments.

-also i didn't proofread this so if there are mistakes just ignore them :)

Word Count: 1186

Published: 4/4/22