37. Lucas "babysitting"

"Curse that woman." The black haired magician stormed inside the halls of Obelia at bright morning "Now that she's the queen she thinks she can-Wait...Well she can control me I guess...BUT WHY!!?"

He kicked the invisible dust beneath him.

"I'll raise her an army of undeads and invade another kingdom if she asked but babysitting her kid!!? That's a job unworthy for the likes of me!!!!" He mumbled. "There are like 40 maids in this castle!!! Not my fault her kid's a fucking chimera!!!! That thing must be tricking all of them with her big innocent eyes!!!"

He thought of the time where both Claude and Penelope were inoffensive obedient children who looked somewhat up to him. Now they both flipped the table together against Lucas and are probably planning on enslaving him.

Perhaps supporting Anastacius as a tyrant emperor would've been a better idea???

What bothered Lucas even more was that he'd have to be in contact with the chimera. Those horrible things born from dark magic that suck up your magic and leave you dry. Those tools used in the ancient times for disgusting experiments. Unclean. Lucas had a thing against chimeras. Chimeras are bad. Only filled with darkness.

Penelope and Claude were both in a meeting so the two princesses were left on their own, the empress having let their nannies go on a holiday.

"Hello brats." Lucas shoved the door to their 'playroom' and stormed in.

Athanasia was sitting on a desk, writing notes, a dictionary in front of her while on another desk in another part of the room Jeannette also sat but was drawing a picture. Seeing Lucas enter, the young girl tensed and let go of her pen in fright.

"Um hello sir." Athanasia raised an eyebrow "Are you the magician the empress asked to watch over us today?"

"No I'm actually Sultana the cat in human form-Yes of course I'm the magician." Lucas said moodily. "So! What are we doing today??"

Athanasia was taken aback by the speed of which he was speaking. She expected someone wise or something. At least a bit older and more polite.

"Um..well...We were hoping you'd be the one to tell us that-" she said as she closed the dictionary. "I've been doing my homework so far, would you like to see it?"

Lucas? Homework?

No.

"Homework? Okay." Lucas scoffed "Boring but I guess it passes. And you, Chimera, what have you been up to??" He called out to the brunette at the other end of the room.

"Well-Oh-I-" Jeannette stuttered, looking down to her picture and gulping. "Um nothing??"

"Hey! Don't call her a Chimera!" Athanasia huffed "Lily said it's not a very kind word!"

"But dear that's what she is!!"

*Meanwhile neither girls knew what a chimera was*

"Sir you have no manners!!" The blonde princess stated truthfully, a bit contradicted. Her tongue poked her inner cheek as she crossed her arms in front of her stomach and pouted.

'She acts exactly like her mother.' Lucas thought 'Lady Diana would've said the exact same thing with the same expression.' He then glanced to Jeannette. 'That one on the other hand bears no ressemblances to either her parents.'