Chapter 40

Now, don't kill me (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

I've given you a chapter as a sign of my great love for all of you. <( ̄︶ ̄)>

I hope you enjoy it and that it lessens your urge to probably kill me in my sleep.

Isabella was pissed.

And yes, she doesn't have the right to be pissed. Her father can't even be pissed with his own mother so how could Isabella be pissed at her grandmother when she doesn't have any rights in the first place?

Well, she is pissed.

Nobody could stop her now. It seems like her family won't be able to stop her. Dmitri won't definitely stop her just as long as she doesn't kill herself and that nobody kills her. Rafael's a mama hen, just like her Tony, so he'll definitely die just by stopping her.

By the time she reached the door, her abuela was already there, looking quite pleased at the moment.

It seems that she's pleased whenever someone's not.

Dmitri and Rafael stood behind her and bowed their heads quietly.

Beside her stood a boy who looked like the boy version of her, to be honest. He stood there like a doll, pretty and perfect. He wore a smile that seemed like he's excited to meet Isabella.

Isabella felt slightly bad because he probably got roped in on her grandmother's schemes. Whose child even is he? Was he kidnapped or something?

"Abuela." Isabella said through gritted teeth. "I'm... Surprised to see you."

Abuela smiles and ruffled her hair and Isabella grimaced obviously. "No seas asi, amor."

(Don't be like that, love.)

She gently slapped her hand away, causing her grandmother to frown disapprovingly. Bella looked like he wanted to say something but only shook her head.

Bella then looked at the boy with a prideful grin. "Ezri, this is the little girl I'm talking about." She said gently, eyes looking at the boy like he was her most prized possession.

Ezri looks at Isabella with no malice or hatred whatsoever. He even smiled softly at her when the little girl gave him a glance. He looked as if he wasn't the kind of boy who'd do something bad for the sake of keeping other people happy.

Ezri stepped forward and held out his hand for her to shake. Isabella glanced at her grandmother and saw the old woman looking at her intensely. Sh narrowed her eyes at Isabella, as if threatening her.

Isabella didn't hesitate to glare at her. She was smart enough to know not to fight her grandmother. She already knows who'll win and if her family isn't here at the moment to protect her then it's obvious who'll win.

Still, Isabella didn't shake the boy's hand for the sake of being rebellious. She could hear Rafael silently protest by her actions but Isabella honestly wouldn't shake the boy's hand even if Rafael begs her to do so.

That made Bella bristle in rage.

But for the sake of peace and fake formality, Bella smiled tightly only at her granddaughter. It seems that Isabella dear is in a bad mood, Ezri."

"Yeah, I wonder who's the cause of it." Isabella muttered to herself, crossing her arms in defiance.

Ezri retreated his hand back with a dejected look on his face. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

Isabella raised a brow but didn't say anything further. She feels guilty but can't she stay hurt? She was hurt. Her family's just a fart now, Nicolai's probably out there somewhere, doing stupid things without her and now this boy came in, looking like a kicked puppy while there's a monster behind him, looking like she'd kill Isabella in her sleep.