Chap.9 || The Great Stags

Gem's POV

I woke up bright and early as usual, I stretched and said a quick good morning to Gandalf. I got up and headed to my kitchen, I made a cup of tea and headed to my balcony. I sipped my tea before looking out at the view.

My eyes widened with shock, I dropped my tea and stare at the sight in front of me. My whole empire was filled with huge red tentacles coming from the ground. I covered my mouth and fell on my knees. I thought my Amethyst would hold back the corruption, the corruption has taken over my whole empire. 

My first thought was to try and make those huge tentacles disappear, I got up and ran to my room and grabbed my staff. My wings attached to me as I ran out of my room, I ran to the balcony and jumped off. My wings opened as I flew down, I landed beside one of the tentacles and went through my book of spells. 

I found a spell that might work, I casted it but nothing happened. I tried other spells but it still didn't work. What am I supposed to do now?

I swore to the past Wizards to always protect the Crystal Cliffs, I failed. All because of that demon. I swear I'm gonna kill him one day. 

"Crystal cave..."

What was that? 

"Go..." 

I think it wants me to go to my cave, I don't trust whoever that is but I'm curious. I walked away and tried to ignore the huge red tentacles. I walked through my nether portal and into the cave, there was nothing here. I heard a splash of water to my right, I looked and saw my 2 axolotl's Sapphire and Ruby. Sapphire was the one who made the splash but Ruby was nowhere. 

I smiled and sat down at the edge of the little pond, "Hello Sapphire! Where's Ruby?" Just as I asked, Ruby emerged from the water with a book in her mouth. "Hello Ruby, is that for me?" I asked. Ruby nodded and placed on book on my lap. I was suprised since the book wasn't wet.

I took the book and opened it.

Dear Wizard Gem, I see that your empire has been overrun with the corruption of Xornoth.

I will send my dragons to protect you. But to defeat Xornoth, you must meet someone else's sucessor.

To meet him, go to these coordinates:
*** ** ***

He will help you defeat Xornoth. But, you must learn more about him first. With him, the
world will be in peace. Find and befriend him, you two will stop an end to Xornoth.

I closed the book and put it in my inventory, time to go on another adventure I guess. The coordinates aren't that far from here, I smiled and pet my axolotls, I said a quickc goodbye before leaving the cave and heading to the top of my tower. I should take notes about this 'person' just in case, I undid the protection spell and took my Grimoire and left my empire. 

I took a look at the book as I flew, 'I'm almost there' I thought as i looked at my coordinates. What looks like an Empire came into my view, I checked the book and that was where the coordinates are. 

I flew towards the empire and landed on its path, I looked around and observed the buildings. I must say this empire is very pretty, it was located on a snowy mountain so it was pretty cold. The buildings colour palette was blue, gold, and white which made the buildings beautiful. Some buildings had golden antlers built on top. 

I saw a house on a hill, it had a huge stag statue right beside it. I knocked on the door and heard a faint "Coming! Hold on a minute." come from inside, he sounds Scottish. A few seconds passed and the door was opened by who I think is the Emperor of this empire. 

"Hello there. I'm Scott, the king of Rivendell" he held his hand out for mine, I shook it. "I'm Gem, queen of the Crystal Cliffs." 

Scott smiled, he moved to the side and told me to come inside. We both sat at his living room, "What are you doing all the way up here?" He asked, "Well, I got a book telling me to go here." I replied, "A book? I got the same thing but telling me that someone was going to come here and help me defeat the demon." He explained, "You mean Xorno-" I said getting cut off by Scott shushing me. 

"Don't say his name, whatever you do, just don't." He said, I nodded in response. "Are you someone's sucessor?" I ask, he sighed. "Yeah, are you?" I nodded. "So, how are we supposed to defeat him?" 

Scott flinched, "We sort of can't..." He muttered loud enough for me to hear, "Why can't we?" I ask, "Well, you see. Me and Xornoth are brothers. Since we're both brothers, if you kill me Xornoth dies but if you kill Xornoth I die. So our only choice is to contain him." He explained, my eyes widened. "Y-You aren't bad like he is right?" I asked quietly.

Scott's POV

I snapped my head at Gem before shaking my head, "Of course not! Me and Xornoth have past selves, I have Aeor and he has Exor." I said, "What happened to them?" She asked.

"Well, they were brothers but corruption started appearing and killing civilization, the gods of the lands came together to banish the corruption but they used a lot of their powers so they fell into a deep slumber except two, Aeor and Exor. The Great Stags.

They ruled together for years untik Exor grew jealous of his brother, they both started to grow apart and so did their followers. Exor got banished from the lands and started conquering towns and cities, Aeor decided to stop Exor from the chaos he was causing.

They both used all the strength they had and battled for days without end. Aeor eventually overpowered Exor and used all his power and imprisoned Exor and his followers to the mountains to never be seen by anyone again.

Years later, two kids named Elenor and Collonel shared the same history as the brothers. Collonel had become a follower of Exor while Elenor became a follower of Aeor, seeing Collonel fall into the evil. Elenor begged Aeor to help him banish his brother and so they did, after a long battle.

Aeor used his power to make a portal and sent Collonel and Exor into another land. Aeor used his power to erase everyone's memories for their safety. 

Years later and now me and Xornoth are here." I finished, Gem looked surpised, concerned, and confused at the same time.

I tried to think of something to lighten the tension in the air, "Anyways, what do you have to contain the demon?" I ask, "I have my staff, I'll use a spell to contain him." She said taking out her staff. It was really beautiful.

"What do you have?" She asked setting her staff down on her lap, "Well, I have my powerful Rivendell Sword." I said taking out my sword. It was a shiny Silver and blue, with a gold base. She stared at it in awe. "Its beautiful!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, now lets think of a plan to contain my brother..."

Word Count: 1254 words