New Student

There had recently been a report about a robbery in a house nearby. The news about it was everywhere, and people were getting concerned, worrying they might be next. They started hiding their stuff, locking their doors and their windows, hoping they'd be safe. The thief was yet to be found, because they were swift and quick. Clover, who had heard the news in the halls and in the classroom was also getting nervous because of this. "I do wonder who they'll strike next... and I hope they'll be okay" he said to himself.

"Oh goodness, I'm late!" he started to sprint to his classroom. As he sat down, the teacher was already about to announce something. "Alright everyone, settle down" she said, polishing her spoon.  "A new student has enrolled here today. Her name is Chili Pepper Cookie, do make her feel welcome". The new student had bright red hair, glasses, and a sweater that looked soft as snow. As the teacher instructed her to sit down, Clover gazed at her. She was absolutely beautiful, but that smug smile she made kinda disturbed him. I'm probably just being paranoid for no reason he thought.

As class had ended, Clover was picking up his books to get to the next class, when he felt a little punch on his arm. "Huh?" He turned around, surprised. "Hey there, kiddo. Caught you staring at me, what's your deal?" she chuckled. "Me? Stare? I'm sure everyone was staring at you when the teacher was introducing you" he said. "Don't play dumb, sure, everyone was staring at me while I was being introduced, but I caught you staring at me while I sat down and while I was working. No one else was doing that" she explained. "Oh, was I? Sorry, I didn't realize I was staring so much, that was rude of me" he apologized. "Eh, don't be, I don't mind. Hopefully you're not drawing pictures of me" she joked. "Wha? Of course not, even if I wanted to, I can't even draw..." he said. "I'm just messing with you, kiddo!" she laughed, giving him another punch in the arm, only this time, it actually hurt. "See ya!" she started running off. Clover didn't even know what just happened, but he shrugged it off, grabbed his books and sprinted to his next class.

Later on, everyone was freely doing what they wanted in the halls. Clover used this time to practice his guitar lessons, when he felt a harder punch on his arm. "Ow! Wha—" it was Chili Pepper again. "Hey again, kiddo, ya know, I realized I haven't even asked your name" she said. "Clover Cookie, ma'am" he said, holding the punched arm. "Clover, huh? For someone named Clover, you don't seem like the luckiest person I've met" she chuckled. "Yeah, I know... it's ironic, okay?" He said, embarrassed.

"So, Clover boy, think you could introduce me to some peeps around here?" She asked

"So, Clover boy, think you could introduce me to some peeps around here?" She asked. "Well, uh, I hardly know anyone around here" he said, trying to slowly sneak away. She grabbed onto his arm "ooh, who's that!?". She was pointing to a grim cookie with dark purple locks, who was facing his locker. He was doing something there. "Licorice Cookie? Uh, I'm sure it's best not to talk him" Clover recommended. "He looks like a lil' emo boy" Chili Pepper snickered. "I'm gonna go talk to him ". Clover felt hopeless as she ignored his recommendation. The following conversation went like this:

"Hey there, kiddo!"

"Huh? What do you want? I'm busy, right now"

"What's that in your hands right there?"

"It's money... my LUNCH money?"

"Alright, cool. Say, do you ever sit in your room all day and cry while listening to sad music?"

"Oh, you think you're so funny, don't cha? Alright, back off!"

As Licorice pushed out her way and put his money in his pocket, Chili Pepper slipped it out and took it for herself. She started counting the money as she returned to Clover. She simply said "Eh, he's not much of a talker". He looked at the money she was holding. "That yours?" he asked. "Eh!? Why, ya think I stole it or something!?" she snapped. "I'm sorry! I-I wasn't trying to upset you, I'm sorry for that silly question!" he apologized, feeling embarrassed for asking such a question. She slipped the money in her pocket, then patted his back. "Eh, I don't care, I'm gonna go now" she started to leave, but Clover grabbed her arm. "Sorry, but uhm... have you heard about the robberies?" he asked. She went silent for a moment, then asked "what about it?". "Well, I'm just very worried that someone could be stealing, so I have some trust issues right now" he explained. "Aren't you worried they might come for your money? Aren't you worried that we could be next?" Chili Pepper shook his grip off, then simply replied "no".

Clover felt really silly now, bringing his worries on the new student. How could you be so dumb!? he thought. Lunch time had finally arrived, but when Clover walked in, he noticed cookies were complaining. He went to see what was going on. He didn't wanna ask someone he didn't know, so he decided to ask Licorice, since he was nearest and was one of the cookies he knew. "Hey, uh, sorry to bother you, but... what exactly is happening?" Clover nervously asked him. "Oh wouldn't you like to, Mr. Late-to-everything? Everyone lost their lunch money, including me!" he snarled. Clover broke into a cold sweat. Could it be...? he thought. "THE ROBBER IS IN THIS SCHOOL!" he yelled, freaking out, and with those six words, everyone else started freaking out too. Students and all. In no time at all, the school was in a full lockdown and everyone was escorted out the building. Everyone was panicking, some were even crying.

Clover had never felt so scared in his life. He checked his pockets, but his money was still there. What? How come my money's still here? he thought. He felt another punch on his arm. He already knew who it was. "Hey there, kiddo! You getting ready to go home?" Chili Pepper asked. "Yeah, say, do you still have your money?" He asked. "Nope... it got stolen... how about you?" She asked. "My money still with me, I dunno how it wasn't swiped, aren't they swift and quick as I heard?" He asked. "Well yes, but who knows, maybe the robber likes you too much to take your stuff away" she chuckled. "Oh you, quit joking around" he smiled.

Chili Pepper turned to her backpack, and tried to carry it, but it was filled up with something. "Uh, a little help here?" She struggled. Clover helped lift it onto her back. "Goodness! What's even in there!?" He asked, dumbfounded. "Uh... lots and lots of school supplies, but erm, I don't need them anymore, so I'll empty it at home, uh, bye now!" She ran off before Clover could even say anything.

"Huh... I really do wonder why the robber didn't go after me..." he mumbled to himself. Who was that swift, quick robber anyways? Perhaps the one who's walking down the sidewalk with a very full backpack. Who truly knows?