Chapter 2

It was when she heard the glass behind her break with a loud crack sound that she came to her senses. She looked into the direction the vase had flown from and found a man, a very angry man, staring at her.

He was sitting in a wheelchair and the way he was looking at her seemed as if she had just announced she was going to snatch his property. He looked at her as if she had committed a gruesome crime against humanity and the man looked oh-so- willing to kill her with his own two hands.

Turning around, she walked out of the room to the living room and slumped on the nearest couch. Taking out her phone from her purse, she dialled a number.

"This is Dr. Mathews speaking." came the voice from the other end.

"Where did you send me?" she asked as the glass shattering incident reeled in front of her eyes.

"Oh. You reached there? How are you feeling?"

"Scared for my life."

The doctor gave a nervous laugh. "Seems like you met him already. I am sure you will do a great job-"

"In dealing with the child?" Rose asked interrupting him.

"Well, he is, with his temper at the moment like a child throwing tantrums." His voice trailed off as if he could feel her anger on the other side of the phone.

"So, you want to say that there is a child trapped in the body of that grown up man!?" Rose taunted.

"Uh-huh. You can say something like that."

"Sorry, sir but I do not perform exorcisms."

She heard a chuckle come from beside her and it was then that she realised the old man was standing with the glass of water.

Thanking the old man for water, she resumed her conversation.

"You lied to me! You'd said it'd a child that I was supposed to look after." Rose said in an accusatory tone.

"I was talking about my client's son. I never said that the son was a child not a grown up man."

Well, he is right. He never called the patient a child. She admitted silently.

"How could you do this to me? You know very well I only work as a caregiver for children." She sighed rubbing her temples which were ready to burst with pain.

"Come on, Rose. You can do it. Think of him as a child and you are the best person who knows how to deal with kids. He's a new challenge and you adore challenges. Remember?"

She pursed her lips. Now he was using her words against her.

Her head was still aching while her heart was still trying extra hard to keep itself running. What had happened moments ago was actually a heart stopping experience and she never wanted to feel like that again.

"Had I not been lucky enough I would have been lying there on your surgery table with a team of doctors stitching and sewing my head." She complaint.

"Uh.. was it that bad?"

"Oh. Trust me. Maybe you would even have been performing postmortem on my body."

"Please, Rose. I sent you there with high hopes-"

"And I am coming back because if I am not alive then how will you ever be able to place your hopes on me again." she said adamantly.

"You cannot do that. You have signed a contract and it says you can leave only if  your employer fires you. If he misbehaves or harasses you, only in that case you are allowed to quit. Otherwise, serve your full term."