Volume 1 - Chapter 14

The MidTerms were quite easy, it's not too complex and I think everyone would agree with me on that one.

Today is Saturday, so there are no classes. I-- Well.., We decided to swing by the mall. Me and Kaori both decided to go to the mall to buy some food and on the way, we encountered both Karma and Sakuta. 

Looks like a weird combination but okay. 

"Ohhh..., So that's why you and Kiyo are on a first-name basis," Kaori said as she kept talking to Karma about things that are not related to the class. I took a peek at Sakuta to see him about to fall asleep as he walks.

Did he really want to come here?

I decided to strike up a conversation with him since I have nothing else to do anyway.

"So.., Sakuta, why'd you go here?" I asked him as I followed his speed of walking, both Kaori and Karma, who are in front of us, seemed to be listening in, but not too obvious,

".. Nothing much really, just to buy a few things," SAkuta answered as he closed his eyes once again. 

He's definitely up to something, but it's not in my place to interrupt such things. Besides, I am not interested in the things he does.

.

.

.

Okay, I AM curious, but, not too much to stalk him.

.

.

Nah, never mind, I definitely am going to stalk him. I need to know if whatever he is planning is going to affect the class in any way, no way I can risk the whole class, and most importantly, our points.

"... Oi Sakuta, Kiyotaka, What the hell are you two doing back there?!" Karma literally screamed at us. Sakuta scratches his ear as he looks at Karma painfully.

"Ow--- Why you gotta scream that hard?"

"You two looked like you were thinking so hard so maybe that's why," Kaori answered as she looks at us sheepishly. As we were talking, I noticed Horikita looking.... Down?

.

I need to figure out why because this may be beneficial for the future but--- Sakuta or Horikita? ...Ah, Got it, Horikita, I guess I'll leave Sakuta for Kaori. I pulled out my phone and texted her.

--

(Kiyo)

[Sorry, I'll follow Hoikita first, can you follow Sakuta for me?]

(Kaori)

[I mean sure... But why..?]

--

That's when I realized that she didn't hear me and Sakuta's conversation. So I told the whole thing to her and my insight into it.

--

(Kaori)

[I get it but why prioritize Horikita over Sakuta?]

(Kiyo)

[Well, Horikita is more familiar to me so if it ever happens we meet, at least she'll know it's me. And I believe Sakuta trusts you more.]

(Kaori)

[Wow, such low confidence but Oki. I'll do my best you can!]