4

After spending a few hours at the event, I decided to make my departure a bit earlier since I didn't feel the need to stay throughout the entirety of the night, but not before saying my goodbyes to Simon and the Bridgertons, except for Anthony, I don't know where he headed off to or if he was even still here after the conversation with Berbrooke. The carriage pulls up and I entered. After a few minutes of silent thoughts, I sighed and thought back to the day I met Anthony when I was a mere the year of 4 and he was the year of 6.

The Anthony that I grew up with and loved, not the brooding man I've been seeing rearing its grotesque face and overpowering.

-1790-

"Run along dear, try to have fun with the boys," Mama said as she tries to persuade me to do the activities while she was to have tea with a very pregnant Violet.

"B-but Mother, I don't know them," I say in a very shy voice, obviously hesitant about the two boys I'm watching run around and chase each other.

Then I see a tall body kneeling right next to me, Edmund, as he places a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay to be afraid sometimes, but I can assure you, those two are perfectly harmless," Edmund said as he gives me a reassuring smile that brings me comfort.

"You promise?" I ask as I slowly ease up on my fears as Edmund stands back up to hold out his hand.

"I promise. Now come along, I'll walk you over them," Edmund says as I took his hand and we begin walking down the steps of Aubrey Hall towards the garden.

After taking the trek, we stopped a mere foot from the boys before they take notice of their father standing there with a girl they don't know.

"Father, who's she?" One of them asked as he gets curious, he looked to be my age.

"Boys, this is Y/N L/N. Her parents are dear friends of ours, she's a little shy so if you two would do the honor of making sure she feels welcomed and comfortable during the visit," Edmund says as he lightly pushes me forward to meet his sons in the middle.

"Of course Father, it will be our pleasure," The other one said as Edmund gives a subtle nod and then heads back towards the estate, "It's nice to meet you Y/N. I'm Anthony and this is Benedict." as Anthony reaches a hand out for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you two," I respond as I shook his hand and then slowly retracted my hand back, "Sorry if I'm being too quiet, I've never met anyone else that was close to my age."

"It's nothing to fret over, we're all friends here. Even though we just met," Anthony says as he makes me smile a little, "Would you like to try out Pall-Mall? There aren't enough people to make it a full competition yet, but doesn't hurt to get practice in."

I nodded my head, yes, and the three of us headed over to pick up our mallet to then start the game. It's actually was the beginning of Anthony's reign with what he and everyone else calls, "The Mallet of Death."

After a few rounds and balls going through wickets, it was determined that the game ended with Benedict as the winner, prompting him to run around and cheer at the fact that he was better than his older brother at something. Anthony and I laugh while clapping as we watch him do a victory dance, showing the great sportsmanship that was expected of a gentleman and a lady.

"Okay okay Benedict, we get it. No need to gloat about it," Anthony says as he puts a hand on Benedict's shoulder to stop him.

"No way, you always flaunt your win in my face. So I get to flaunt mine in your face," Benedict responds as he sticks out his tongue, prompting Anthony to start wrestling him to assure him who's the bigger brother in this scenario.