- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗲𝘀 woke up extremely early the following morning, ready for the chaos and action they were to face throughout the day. JJ and Kaci split up outside ʼThe Rivers Hotelʼ, promising to meet up again later with the boat. Pope and Kie went inside with him, incase he needed some backup against Mikel Flores.

Kaci climbed back into her old, polished car, securing Kaz a baby seat beside her, and drove off to the storage unit, careful to stay hidden from any of the workers around. She tried not to think about her parents, she tried not to think about her brothers - all she needed to do was hurry up and get these keys, and it would all be over for today. Sarah and John B were hiding out somewhere together, and they'd meet up with them later to get the hell away from the island. All Kaci needed to do was stay on task.

Shortly later, she pulled up outside the disgusting, yellow building and took out her keys beforehand, so she could get in and put quickly; she didn't want to spend anymore time in that garage than she had to.

The smell was the same as she remembered.

No, it wasn't.

It was worse.

A lot worse.

Baby in her arms, Kaci blocked hers and Kazʼs noses with her shirt, the two of them wearing the same expression at the thick scent of rotting.

The room felt a lot worse, too. Her heart felt light, like something was going to happen. Like that moment in a horror movie when the music turns on, and you know something bad is about to happen.

Kaci held her baby tighter, her only concern now being to protect him. She skimmed her eyes through the room, until she found the pile of boxes that belonged to Rosa Flores, the woman who owned the boat and keys.

However, as she walked over, something else stopped her. Something was tripping. Every few seconds, she would hear it. Drip...Drip. Her heart stopped and she froze.

A pool of crimson, viscous blood poured down from a box. Kaci held the baby closer, ready to leave.

Kaz started to cry.

"Shh. Shh. It's going to be okay. Come on, let's get back to the car," she whispered, kissing him on the head, and ready to rush into panic mode.

Something hit her on the back of the head.

Everything went dark.

𖧷

𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 fluttered open slightly, then closed again. She felt her face pressed against a freezing cold surface. She was paralysed, unable to move a single body muscle.

"Don't worry," a voice said, seeing her wake. Behind the blurr of her vision, Kaci couldn't tell who it was. But the voice was recognisable. Very recogsiable "I won't let anything bad happen to you, baby."

She stayed there for a few moments, stomach ill, body heavy. She tried training her muscles to move, but nothing would happen.

"I just want..." She wheezed, bearly able to get the words out. "...JJ."

Then the world went quiet again. A thick sheet of darkness took over.

Authorʼs Note
and that's the end of season one :)
love, tay </3