Chapter 19

Elias' POV

"Guess what we are doing tonight!" Kai exclaims excitedly, from the massive rock he's sitting on, as he watches Silas and I fight each other in our humans forms for training. I'm not sure where he managed to get the enthusiasm from since he's more hungover than I am right now.

Silas swiftly dodges my blow, "and what are we doing tonight?" He asks Kai.

"I am throwing you a birthday party at my place!"

Silas stops fighting me and turns to look at Kai curiously, "because you two didn't drink enough last night?" He questions sarcastically, looking at Kai then back at me. I awkwardly chuckle when his eyes land on me.

Kai scratches the back of his head awkwardly, trying to avoid Silas' glare as well, "uh no?"

Silas laughs, shaking his head, not bothering to argue with our lies. "Are your parents not home again?" He asks Kai.

Kai looks down and shakes his head, "nah." None of us talk for a little bit, knowing that Kai doesn't like mentioning his parents much.

"So, what if I say no?" Silas asks Kai, referring to his birthday party.

Kai laughs, lightening up again, "well, you can't say no, I've already invited everyone," he gives Silas a cheeky grin.

"Goddess save me," he mumbles under his breath. "Fine," Silas grumbles, making Kai and I look at each other with smiles on our faces, knowing he would give in easily.

"Yo, Silas," a male voice speaks up, "excited for your party tonight?" Maverick asks Silas, with Altas standing beside him. They are close friends of ours, who are apart of our pack and also both eighteen.

"Didn't find out till just now," Silas responds, crossing his arms and glaring at Kai. Atlas laughs at this.

"Dude, you've been planning this since last week," Altas tells Kai and laughs at him.

Kai shrugs, "if I told him last week, he would've said no," Kai argues, making us all agree, even Silas himself.

"You're all so annoying," Silas tells all of us. That's the end of training for today everyone, you're free to go home now, Silas tells everyone at the pack training today through the link.

"Finally," Kai sighs, jumping off the massive rock he was sitting on.

"You didn't even do anything," I tell him while laughing.

"I watched," he argued. "I'm going to get more alcohol for the party, see you all tonight," he tells us before leaving.

Silas simply shakes his head as he watches Kai walk away with a little skip in his step. "Coming home?" Silas questions me, now looking at me. I nod to him, before saying our goodbyes to Maverick and Altas.

*

Kai definitely knows how to throw a party. I wouldn't be surprised if the police turned up at some point, considering we are in the human community. Kai's family home is massive, making it easy to hold hundreds of teenagers for the night.

When Kai isn't throwing parties here, the house is too big to feel like a home. It's probably because Kai's family isn't around much. I know Kai prefers to stay in the pack house within our borders or even with Silas and I.

I never really found out the real reason why Kai is always alone, but I don't think he wants to talk about it.

"Kai!" A male voice yells making Silas and I groan in sync. "I missed you buddy," the human says as he gives Kai a "bro" hug.