I L O V E Y O U

Nathaniel and his dad disappeared shortly after our discussion, I'm assuming they were mapping out a plan at least that's what his mother told me

Nathaniel and his dad disappeared shortly after our discussion, I'm assuming they were mapping out a plan at least that's what his mother told me. Aziel was right about this war turning dark, and dangerous. Everyone seems to be against Nathaniel and me, what if we both don't come back from this fight?

It was nighttime now, so I spent most of the day with his mom. It's funny because he looks like his dad but his personality is exactly like his mom's, talking to her is easy because I'm so familiar with him.

"Do you love him?" His mom asked, my eyes lifted from my mug onto hers.

"A lot." I whispered my response, my thumb running across the mug trying to distract myself.

I'm scared for tomorrow night, I have a bad feeling about this. I don't want him to go but I know that he has to and I also know that there's no way I'm letting him go alone.

She opened her mouth but quickly closed it, she wanted more time to think about her words. She leaned in a little closer, her eyes were watery. "Can you make me a promise?" She asked.

I nodded my head, my facial expression changed to a confused one.

"Promise me you'll take care of him for me." She said.

It sounded like she had plans for tomorrow night like she was going to risk everything for her children.

"Isabella.."

Tears rolled off her cheeks and her hands softly trapped mine. "Promise me, please."

"I promise." I whispered, she smiled softly with a small nod to her head before wiping her tears.

Before I could say anything else his dad walked in, he was stretching his arm. I stood up, my eyes casually tried finding Nathaniel's but he wasn't there.

His dad noticed I was silently panicking, he pointed at the stairs. "He's upstairs already." His dad said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I immediately started climbing up the stairs, my heart was beating fast with the need of wanting to see him. I tried my best not to run down the hallway but it was nearly impossible. I opened his bedroom door coming face to face with an empty room. My heart started beating rapidly, I was panicking. What if he went to handle it tonight all by himself? I walked deeper into his room, my back facing the door as my eyes ranked over his bed and drawers.

My fingers crawled up to my hair, I made a sharp turn almost crashing into him. He was on one knee, with a small black velvet box in his hand. My mouth parted gently when I realized what was happening, he held eye contact with me while opening the box.

"Genevieve I love you. Every day, every minute, every second I fall even more and more in love with you." He whispered, my eyes immediately started getting watery.