144: Imminent Danger (3)

Chapter 144: Imminent Danger (3)

Both Neji's and Momo's parents were in a city in Kyoto, Japan.

They, along with many other influential people of Japan, have gathered here at this party held by Rikiya Yotsubashi, CEO of the Detnerat Company.

Gara and Miku were standing side by side, chatting with a smile on their faces even though their chat... wasn't so friendly.

"Hahaha, oh Miku, to think your daughter will fall for my son. Such a tragic turn of events, don't you think?" Gara giggled, wearing a blue dress that went along with her braided blue hair.

"Ahaha, I don't get what you mean by that. Are you sure my daughter fell for your son? From what I saw, he's a very loyal young man who didn't hesitate to keep holding her in his arms for minutes. It's clearly he who's drowning in love." Miku, Momo's mother, said with a laugh of her own.

"Bullshit," Gara replied with a smile. "I saw your daughter coming to our house even at late nights, just to spend some time with Neji. She's clearly the one who has lost the war of love."

"No, obviously not! I remember..."

Their conversation continued while their partners, Neji and Momo's fathers, sat a bit far from them, on a table with bottles of sake on their hands.

"What are those two even doing?" Aiko dryly stared at the two moms.

"Heh, they're too competitive. They've always been like that, haven't they?" Touma Yayorozu, Momo's dad, chuckled as he drank sake in a way that didn't suit people of his stature.

Some others seemed uncomfortable at that, but they didn't dare to project their feelings on their words. These two, after all, could destroy their businesses with a single phone call.

"Heh, I guess that's true. Let's not bother them." Aiko did the same, drinking sake from the bottle like a hooligan. "Ahh... Anyway, tell me about yourself, how is life going?"

"Ehh, it's fine I guess. Things have been pretty smooth lately, but that's to be expected. Things almost feel too easy..." He shrugged. "Back in the young days, we had to work so hard but now? Nowadays, things just come at me. But I guess that's the same for you, huh?"

Aiko chuckled at his words but didn't say anything.

After chatting for a while, Aiko yawned. "Hey, don't you think this is getting kinda boring? Why isn't Yotsubashi here yet? He's been making us wait for a while now."

Rikiya Yotsubashi, the guy who invited them today, and also the host of today's party. He's yet to make an appearance, which was strange and to some degree, disrespectful too.

It was then, one of the guests yelled loudly. "What the hell? Why isn't there any network here? Is this some kind of prank from Mr. Yotsubashi again?"

Hearing it, almost everyone took out their phone to see and indeed there was no network.

Aiko frowned at that and guided his right hand to touch the hand-watch on his left wrist. This was a smartwatch with a huge amount of power stored within it, and upon activating his Quirk, [Energy], he absorbed 1/10th of its power inside his body.

Now, with electricity dancing within him, he tried to feel the tower connection from the room and hummed.

"Huuuh, that guy ain't wrong. Something is blocking the network, I guess Yotsubashi wants to show us something new." Aiko said, hearing which Touma shrugged.

"Still, it's kinda rude to block our phones, but eh. Doesn't matter if the new product is good."

As they were talking about it, the room started to change slowly. In the middle of the huge hall they were staying in, a small black hole appeared before it began to expand into a purple portal.