The Bridgeton's

Now let's get this straight, it is apparent that the author of The Bridgeton Series doesn't do her research about England, and her family is fiction, and she doesn't study English, or European history. 

First of all, there was no Duke of Hastings in England.  There was a Baron Hasting.

Next, Peerage of England goes like this: Duke, Marquess, Earl, Viscount, and Count. 

Queen Charlotte was not an African. She was bi-racial, and she was a descendant of King Alfonso III of Portugal through a mistress and their son.

King George III was the grandson of King Geroge II of England through his late son, Prince Frederick Augustus. 

The Regency period covers the reigns of King George III, his son, Prince George (later King George IV of England and King William IV of England.") 

When Viscount Edmund Bridgeton dies of a bee string. The author could have used the medical term of anaphylactic shock.

Which tells me that the author of the Bridgton's didn't know her medical terminology and she didn't do her research very well. 

A Viscount is below a Duke, Marquess, and an Earl.

India was part of England until 1947 when it broke away and it is primary Muslim, but it does have some Hindu and Christians in it.

According to history, Queen Charlotte didn't interfere the governing of England.

Charlotte was born into the royal family of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, a duchy in northern Germany

Sophia Charlotte was born on 19 May 1744. She was the youngest daughter of Duke Charles Louis Frederick of Mecklenburg, Prince of Mirow (1708–1752) and of his wife Princess Elisabeth Albertine of Saxe-Hildburghausen (1713–1761). Mecklenburg-Strelitz was a small north-German duchy in the Holy Roman Empire

 Mecklenburg-Strelitz was a small north-German duchy in the Holy Roman Empire

When King George III succeeded to the throne of Great Britain upon the death of his grandfather, George II, he was 22 years old and unmarried. His mother and advisors were eager to have him settled in marriage. The 17-year-old Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz appealed to him as a prospective consort partly because she had been brought up in an insignificant north German duchy, and therefore would probably have had no experience or interest in power politics or party intrigues. That proved to be the case; to make sure, he instructed her shortly after their wedding "not to meddle", a precept she was glad to follow.

At 9:00 pm that same evening (8 September 1761), within six hours of her arrival, Charlotte was united in marriage with King George III. The ceremony was performed at the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Secke

Upon her wedding day, Charlotte spoke no English: However, she quickly learned English, albeit speaking with a strong German accent. One observer commented, "She is timid at first but talks a lot, when she is among people she knows."

In 1767, Francis Cotes drew a pastel of Queen Charlotte with her eldest daughter. called the likeness "so like that it could not be mistaken for any other person".

Less than a year after the marriage, on 12 August 1762, the Queen gave birth to her first child, In the course of their marriage, the couple became the parents of 15 children, all but two of whom (and) survived into adulthood

After the onset of his permanent madness in 1811, George III was placed under the guardianship of his wife in accordance with the Regency Bill of 1789. She could not bring herself to visit him very often, due to his erratic behavior and occasional violent reactions. It is believed she did not visit him again after June 1812. However, Charlotte remained supportive of her spouse as his illness, now believed to be porphyria, worsened in old age. While her son, the prince Regent, wielded the royal power, she was her spouse's legal guardian from 1811 until her death in 1818. Due to the extent of the King's illness, he was incapable of knowing or understanding that she had died.

During the Regency of her son, Queen Charlotte continued to fill her role as first lady in royal representation because of the estrangement of the Prince Regent and his spouse. As such, she functioned as the hostess by the side of her son at official receptions, such as the festivities given in London to celebrate the defeat of Emperor Napoleon in 1814. She also supervised the upbringing of Princess Charlotte of Wales. During her last years, she was met with a growing lack of popularity and sometimes subjected to demonstrations.

 After having attended a reception in London on 29 April 1817, she was jeered by a crowd. She told the crowd that it was upsetting to be treated like that after such long service.

Popular debate over Queen Charlotte's supposed ancestry emerged in the mid-twentieth century. This claim originated with the writer 's 1940 book Sex and Race: Volume I, in which he concluded that the queen must have had a "Negro strain" based on what he described as her "broad nostrils and heavy lips" in her portrait by , and a quote by describing her "nostrils spreading too wide; mouth has the same fault". These details gave rise to much later claims that the queen was "mixed-race", "biracial", or "black.

Proponents of this theory also hold to a literal interpretation of 's description of the queen having had "a true Mulatto face" as a baby. However, Stockmar only arrived at court in 1816, two years before the queen died, and never knew her as a baby.

, A number of news articles were published promoting the theory. David Buck, a spokesperson, was quoted by the as saying: "This has been rumored for years and years. It is a matter of history, and frankly, we've got far more important things to talk about."

King George III of England was a direct descendant of Princess Sophia who was the granddaughter of King James I of England and VI of Scotland through the Matrilineal line of King James VI of Scotland and King James I of England who eldest daughter, Princess Elizabeth married King Frederick of Bohemia and they had Princess Sophia who had King George 1st of England who had King George II of England who had Prince Frederick of Wales who had King George III of England.

The Queen died in the presence of her eldest son, the Prince Regent, who was holding her hand as she sat in an armchair at the family's country retreat, Dutch House in Surrey (now known as Kew Palace). She was buried at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle. Her husband died just over a year later. She is the longest-serving female consort and second-longest-serving consort in British history (after Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh), having served as such from her marriage (on 8 September 1761) to her death (17 November 1818), a total of 57 years and 70 days.

Every good writer and author do their research and it is apparent that the author of the Bridgton's didn't do her research.