A thief as a best friend

A week later, things started calming down, and the school was opened again, but Clover was still kinda concerned. He still managed to carry enough courage to get up and go to school, though. As he walked to school, he felt a punch on his arm. "Heya, Clover boy!" it was Chili Pepper. "Ow... are you gonna do that every time you see me?" Clover held the punched arm. "You betcha! That's how I prefer to greet friends!" she chuckled. "Fr-Friend? You... consider me a friend?" Clover's eyes lit up. "Of course, I think you're cool!" she laughed.

Clover was flattered, until he realized what time it was. "Oh gosh! We're gonna be late, we gotta go now!" he panicked. Chili Pepper didn't seem bothered. "Eh, it's alright, let's just take our time" she said. "But we can't just sit around! We'll get in trouble!" Clover didn't wanna talk Chili Pepper into going with him any longer, so he ran away straight to school. As Clover arrived, he almost fell over. "Sigh... late again, Clover" his teacher sighed. "Sorry, Ms. Latte..." Clover said, fixing himself. "This is getting out of hand, Clover. I'm afraid I'll have to send you to detention" Ms. Latte said, polishing her spoon. "No, wait! I-I don't wanna go to detention! Please!" Clover pleaded. "Clover,  I can't keep excusing you for this, this is one too many times you have been late to school. If you turn up late again, I'll have to send you there, sorry" Ms. Latte sighed.

Clover slumped into his chair, disappointed. "Why am I so unlucky...?" he whined. He then felt a tap on his head. "Sup?" the cookie looked down at him. It was Chili Pepper. "What?? How'd you get here before me, I-I thought you were taking your time" Clover asked, surprised. "You really believed me? Wow, I guess we really do need to get to know each other. I hate being slow and steady, I'm swift and quick" she explained. "Swift and quick"...? he thought, sweating a lil bit. You're being paranoid again, Clover...

After class, Clover walked sadly down the hall, when he heard a cry nearby. He ran over to see what it was. "Please! I'll give you my money, just don't hurt me!" the cookie shouted. "Fork it over!" the other cookie shouted. Wait... is that... Chili Pepper's voice? Clover thought. Before he could get any closer, the cookie ran past him in fear. He then turned to see Chili Pepper with a smug look, counting the money she might've just stole.

"Chili Pepper!?" Clover exclaimed. Chili Pepper looked up at him in surprise. "Oh, uh, hey Clover, I wasn't expecting you here..." Chili Pepper hid the money behind her back. "I know you stole that cookie's money, what gives!?" Clover yelled. "Relax, it's not stealing if they give it to me" Chili Pepper calmly said, continuing to count her money. "But, you can't just threaten cookies just for their money! That's terrible!" he exclaimed. "Oh, don't be such a wuss, we're friends, right? You can keep this between us" she said, handing him a dollar.

Clover wasn't so sure about this, but he didn't wanna be a snitch, or let alone more of a loser, but he didn't want cookies to lose their money. "Tell you what, if you don't tell anyone, I'll come to your house and wake you up, so you won't be late. You don't wanna end up in detention, now do you?" she smiled a sly, sly smile. "Go to my house? You don't even know where I live" Clover said, concerned. "Of course I know where you live, silly. I'm always somewhere around the neighborhood while you least expect it. I recognize your voice anywhere, since you talk loud in there" she chuckled. Clover broke into a cold sweat. If Chili Pepper knew where he lived, she could basically do anything to him, so he promised to take the deal.

"Good boy" Chili Pepper was a grade A manipulator, but fortunately for Clover, he hasn't been late for two straight weeks. Clover got to dodge detention, but he also had to witness Chili Pepper bullying cookies for their money. He felt really bad, but he didn't wanna give this up, until one day, he found her bullying a certain cookie he knew. "Alright emo! Fork it over!" Chili Pepper yelled. He looked to see her bullying Licorice, and she had her foot on his diary, and wasn't giving it back. She had basically tripped the poor cookie as he was writing in his diary, and she won't give it back, unless he hands over his money. "Give that back! Please! I-It's very precious to me!" Licorice shouted. "If it's so important to you, then why don't you pay up? What? Are you looking forward to buying some drugs after school or something?" she teased. "Chili Pepper, stop it!" Clover yelled, pulling her away. "Clover? What's your problem?" Chili Pepper asked.