Chapter 17

The World Jam

We all fell asleep in the tent and I somehow ended up cuddling Moose.

At some point, late at night, I heard the shuffling of feet like people were moving around. I then feel Moose's arms unwrap from my waist.

"Should we wake Tessa too?" a voice asks.

"No, let her sleep. Plus she looks cute when she sleeps," another voice which I'm hoping is Moose says. I hear the group use one of the doors in the tent and leave.

After about 15 minutes I hear the shuffling again and I feel Moose wrap his arms around me.

"Comfy?" A voice asks Moose.

"Shut up man, you'll wake her up," Moose replies.

"Okay loverboy," the voice says back.

I was about to go back to sleep when I feel a light peck on the back of my neck.

Did he just kiss my neck? I'm so happy.

After I calm down from my excitement I go back to sleep.

**************************************************

After a couple more practices we woke up bright and early the next day to get ready for the finals in the World Jam.

After a while, we get to the building and walk inside. I feel my hands shake slightly because of the nerves.

I feel Moose grab my hand and smile.

"You'll do just fine. I know you will,"

"Thanks, Moose. I needed that." I smile.

"Anytime Tess."

We all walk to where our group is supposed to stand and hear the announcer start talking.

"What's up everybody?" The announcer shouts to the crowd watching. The crowd screams and goes wild.

"My name is Grandmaster Caz, and I like to welcome you to the biggest dance battle on planet earth. Ladies and gentlemen this is the World Jam." Grandmaster Cas yells.

The crowd is still whooping and cheering.

The World Jam starts and we see different dance groups battle against each other. There are groups of different battles happening at the same time on different parts of the floor. We just observe them since we don't perform till much later.

We walk around in our Pirates Jackets and black pants looking around at the groups. We hear Caz start talking again.

"Coming up next is our main event, the World Championship Matchup. The House of Pirates versus the House of Samurai. This battle will be the battle you won't forget. Stick around," Caz announces.

We come face to face with the Samurais and give them a nasty glare and I see someone familiar on the team.

Is that Carlos? When did he join them?
I turn to Moose and ask him he mouths 'I'll tell you later and I nod.

The Samurais walk past us looking confident.

"Don't worry guys," Luke says to us "We got this."

**********A few minutes later**************

"Yeah Baby! Yes! Are you all excited?" Caz hypes up the crowd.

"Right about now the Pirates to the stage," Caz yells.

We all walk up to the area we are supposed to stand in. I feel nerves running through my body. I guess Moose noticed it too since he squeezed my hand for comfort.