22 - Welcome The Darkness

Carina

Carina

If you're wondering who walked into the cliff, it was Scorpio. Of course it was. Aquaria was really smug about that, even though she herself nearly walked into the cliff multiple times.

Miasma's immersed in her thoughts. She hasn't spoken for some time. Sometimes she twitches and looks up suddenly before hanging her head again and staring at her feet. It would be concerning if I had the time to be concerned. I don't. It's time to find some secrets, and I don't care who exactly I'm investigating. I don't care if it's family.

I wind my way over to Scorpio, walking up just behind him. "Oh, hello, brother," I say loudly.

"Carina. The hell do you want now?" he snaps. Doesn't look too happy to see me. Well, that's rude.

"Just a little chat!" I say brightly, with an innocent grin. "I just thought, you know, you don't really have anyone to talk to anymore ..." I tip my head to the side, checking if the jab hit its mark. It did.

He makes a strangled sort of noise before putting his hand up to his face, "Is it bleeding?"

Yes, it seems he wants to change the subject. That's fine. "Hmmm," I peer around, noticing the scratch on his cheek. "Well ... yes, from where Aquaria scratched you, but I think you mean from when you walked into the cliff."

Predictably, he winces. "You didn't answer my question."

"You didn't answer mine," I counter easily, slanting a glance to the side to see if Sagittaria's eavesdropping. It seems she isn't; she's talking at a rapid speed to Nia, who's her ally. I would've liked to eavesdrop on it too, but if I did, Scorpio would escape.

He glares at me, eyes darting around, probably searching for a way to get out of this. "I didn't mean to answer your question, sister."

I wonder what he's up to. I smirk slightly, "Oh ... I see. I can try to answer that question myself, if you like —"

"No," he snaps, and moves away, ducking behind Gemi ... I reach to grab his wrist, but he's gone. I sigh. I'll get an explanation. And if I have to team up with Sagittaria to get it, I will. I don't doubt her skills; she definitely can read emotions well enough. It's just that I don't approve of her and her ships, and so we don't get along. We've never gotten along.

I slip behind Pisces. "Hey, moron."

Pisces snorts. "Hey, Purity."

"I'm offended. I'm no more pure than you are," I tease with a smirk.

Pisces looks back at me, nearly tripping as he does so. "That'd make you very pure," he says innocently with wide eyes.

I grin. "And you can't lie to me, moron. When are we going to sleep?"

"When Caprice grabs Miasma by the neck and threatens her life if she doesn't get her beauty sleep," answers Pisces promptly, and it's not like he's wrong.